Say I had $450... What to do?
Apr 18, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #16 of 34
Mabey this will help: I enjoy the bass on the KSC-75. The SA5000 is far out of my range, because I would also need a very expensive amp.

Apr 18, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
Mabey this will help: I enjoy the bass on the KSC-75. The SA5000 is far out of my range, because I would also need a very expensive amp.

Is it having more refined and thumping bass then A900LTD's.
confused.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #18 of 34
I doubt that you will find anything wrong with the bass on the 580. It's just about perfect, really, in both quantity and quality.

There are bassier cans than the HD580...I'm not sure if the A900LTD is one of them. In comparison to the A500, the 580 has more controlled and better bass with tighter impact. The A500 sounds bloated and boomy next to the 580.

Apr 18, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by manchau
Is it having more refined and thumping bass then A900LTD's.
confused.gif

It's more thumpy. So, you guys are saying the 580? How would that do with the headroom micro? And how is the m3 that was mentioned?

Apr 18, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #22 of 34
Wow, one thing A900LTDs don't lack is the thump (which stands for bass impact, right?) IMHO of course. I am not sure I could take more thump than LTDs have; OTOH, I mostly listen to metal, which is inherently "thumpy".

Apr 18, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
smily_headphones1.gif
Let me rephrase. Which would be better?

There really isn't a better, its a preference. Both are great, and IMO you wouldn't be going wrong with either.

Apr 18, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
It's more thumpy. So, you guys are saying the 580? How would that do with the headroom micro? And how is the m3 that was mentioned?

You like fast bass like grados and sony SA*** . Because still noone reported that ksc75 can rattle the ear or shake the heads. You are talking about something other then rattling bass. RIGHT ?

Apr 18, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #26 of 34
The only grado I've ever owned was an SR60, which was a while ago, and I don't remember it. I've never heard a sony SAXXX. I don't like the kind of bass where you can HEAR all the low frequencys, but there is really no "thump" or "boom" to it. The KSC-75 seems to have more "thump" than the LTD, however the LTD is more detailed. I don't like the thumping to overpower the rest of the frequencys so everything else sounds muddy. It's hard to explain. What I would really like is bass that you can feel in your chest. I've heard that is true about the HD650, what about the 600 or 580? I certainly can't feel it on the LTD, or the KSC-75, but the KSC75 does have slightly more thump to it. I don't know the proper term. And unless anybody else has anything to say about amps, like the M3, I think I am leaning toward the headroom micro.

Apr 18, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #28 of 34
The sound stage is very small on them, which is bad for games. Now I'm thinking about the HD600. How does that go with the headroom micro? I think I could afford both of them if I buy used from the for sale section. How are the HD600 vs the HD580?

EDIT;
No, back at the 580s again. Will check back tomorrow, time for sleep now.

Apr 18, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #29 of 34
You'll regerett this phone. I remind you.
rolleyes.gif

I did easy R&D for you. And I got the thump you are looking for.
tongue.gif
But it's for temperary use. Take your phone and go at any PC shop. Check it with some multimedia speakers out. But REMEMBER to off bass boost knob. They sucks in every speaker out I tried. Choose the speakers having no hiss or minimum hiss. check the mids you are looking for and buy them for a while untill you manage to grab some more bucks for better M3 or PPA amp.

After connecting with your system. be sure that bass boost of speakers are off then open "speaker settings" from left bottom of the PC screen. select bass boost. and increase it as per your choice. It will never distort as I experienced and will give you that thumping bass.

It's simple that use the sound card bass boost and cut off the speakers bass boost. It's not costly I think.

Apr 18, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #30 of 34
$450? The first thing that came to mind was the Sennheiser HD-600 ($200 or so) with the Headfive ($250). That'd be a nice combination.

The second thing that came to mind was the Sennheiser HD-650 ($325) paired with a Millett Hybrid ($100 or so) if you're handy with a soldering iron.

The difference between the HD-580 and HD-600 isn't that great. Reportedly, they both use the same drivers. However, the HD-600 has better construction and they improved the seal/damping around the earcup, which improves the sound. The HD-650 uses a different driver, but the construction is similar to the HD-600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back