"Saw" Bela Fleck & the Flecktones last night
Oct 10, 2007 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

guzziguy

1000+ Head-Fier
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones played at Campbell Hall at UCSB last night. The feeling was very intimate as Campbell Hall only holds 860 people. The performance was spectacular. I forgot just how great of musicians they are. They played in two sets. The first set was quiet and low key music. The second set was "louder" as described by Bela. It was all great.

Their performance reawakened my interest in them. I hightly recommend you see this group live if you get the chance.

Oct 10, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 14
I'm so jealous!
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #4 of 14
I`m gonna see Chick Corea and Bela Fleck in Riga on 30th October, after I`ll tell my impressions...

Oct 11, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 14
I never find out about the good shows until after they have come and gone. I just signed up at ticket master for alerts for a whole crap-load of artists. Hopefully I find out about the shows far enough in advance now.

Oct 13, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mastephens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be seeing them in Atlanta this Fri. with Nickel Creek, I'll let everyone know how awesome it was!

Holy Crap. What an incredible show. The musical talent on that stage was absolutely amazing, and to top it all off I got my SE530's the same day.

Oct 14, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #12 of 14
I saw Bela and the Flecktones at BB Kings with a bunch of Head-Fiers the night before the first national meet. That was an amazing show and have been dying to see them again. They played for free at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in SF just before you saw them Guzzi, and I had a wedding reception out of town that day. I was bummed that the closest other show was not within striking distance. glad you enjoyed them.

Oct 14, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #13 of 14
Nice report, Ken! They put on a great show, don't they? A bunch of us saw them at a small club in NYC after a Head-Fi meet some time ago... when in the heck was that? I must be getting old. Maybe it was one of those wild nights after the first national meet.

Anyway, I'd second your recommendation. They sound great on either speakers or headphones as well. Between Bela himself and Vic Wooten it's hard to find two more talented musicians in the same group anywhere in the world! What's great about it is that they're still playing the small venues because their stuff isn't mainstream.

Oct 14, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw Bela and the Flecktones at BB Kings with a bunch of Head-Fiers the night before the first national meet.

Ya! What he said. I was there! It was before the national meet. All a blur now. Hey! That explains why I'm always getting emails from BB King's! Must have given them my address...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back