Satie: Well played and well recorded/digitized CD?
Jan 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Traddad

500+ Head-Fier
What I'm basically looking for is a "test" CD to use when reviewing and making decisions on my home stereo. I thought it would be nice to get some classical that I hadn't explored yet.
Basically it needs to be a regular CD but recorded/digitized and reproduced with great care.

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 4
Check out the various "audiophile" test discs from chesky. They have a few that walk you through all the things you look for in testing a setup.

But really, your best bet is to bring the stuff you like, so you know it'll sound good with that. Anything sounds good with a great recording of easy to play back music. Not everything sounds good with complicated, poorly recorded music...

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 4
That's exactly why I'm asking this question. I have some Jazz that is remastered really well (Bill Evens Vanguard) but I beleive I'm hearing a bit of the short comings of the original recording. I wanted something that was recorded and digitized really well and would be a bit more engaging than a test disc.... I like Satie but don't have any of his music in my collection as of yet...this is kind of a two birds thing....

Jan 17, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #4 of 4
Just a bump up for the weekend crowd.

Thanks, folks.

Woa.....that was 500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back