SAT Scores!
Nov 30, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #76 of 141
College admissions is a black art. Don't try to understand it.

Dec 1, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #81 of 141
"Multiple-choice response sections are graded on a scale of 200-800, in 10 point increments. The writing section is graded on a scale of 0-6, in half- point increments"

Dec 1, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #83 of 141
frown.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #84 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's been so long ago, but what the hell.

CR - 480
Math - 800

Total - 1280

My vocabulary is so limited...

I think we have the same score, or is my CR a little higher, was it 500?
biggrin.gif

yes I am in law school now...LMAO. I must be crazy...
k1000smile.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #85 of 141
hi
the UC counts sat II 2x as much as SAT I! so those scores are only 1/3 the story, you still got at leasts 3 more tests to take. (at least that was the rule back when I applied).

Dec 1, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #86 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi
the UC counts sat II 2x as much as SAT I! so those scores are only 1/3 the story, you still got at leasts 3 more tests to take. (at least that was the rule back when I applied).

2x? Where'd you get that figure? I know they are important, but I didn't know they were that important (I thought it was like 60/40).

Yeah, ny SAT II's aren't as great. If anything they are what will prevent me from getting into Berkeley/LA:

SAT Biology (M): 740
SAT Math IIC: 720

Taking Math IIC again this Saturday
redface.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 8:33 AM Post #87 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2x? Where'd you get that figure? I know they are important, but I didn't know they were that important (I thought it was like 60/40).

Yeah, ny SAT II's aren't as great. If anything they are what will prevent me from getting into Berkeley/LA:

SAT Biology (M): 740
SAT Math IIC: 720

Taking Math IIC again this Saturday
redface.gif

hi
most of the statistics are released and the formula is public. For quite some time i was obcessed with the UC and did many hours of research on their admissions (i actually was able to predict how many and which students would get into what UC schools from my H.S. with only one miss). In 2004 the sat II was 2X the weight of the SAT I, however this may have changed after they redesigned the SAT I. I don't remember exactly where I got the considerations and admissions stuff, but i'm pretty sure it's somewhere on the website.

UC admissions can get quite ****. California schools have to submit the curriculum of every course that counts for more than 4.0 in a GPA scale, they basically have to prove that the course is above average and deserving of the added score. the same goes for courses that count as part of the requirements to go into the UC- two years ago there was a religious school that sued the UC because the UC wouldn't allow biology books that didn't teach evolution.

Dec 1, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #88 of 141
I just want to wish all you guys good luck in your applications! Here in Canada things are better, no SATs and other such uselessness. I wrote the SATs when I applied to MIT, and they simply threw out my application since the idiot college board SAT people lost my score and then found it 3 weeks after MIT got tired of waiting. However, the very same day I was rejeced by MIT I was accepted by the University of Waterloo, closest you can get to MIT in Canada
biggrin.gif
, so I was rather lucky in that regard, and I hope you'll be too.

I can still picture those two gargantuan red and blue SAT books on my desk
biggrin.gif
. Those were the days, eh?

Dec 2, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #89 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats an SAT anyway? On this side of the pond we have much less analogue grading.

So I guess you're taking the A levels huh?

Dec 2, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #90 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want to wish all you guys good luck in your applications! Here in Canada things are better, no SATs and other such uselessness. I wrote the SATs when I applied to MIT, and they simply threw out my application since the idiot college board SAT people lost my score and then found it 3 weeks after MIT got tired of waiting. However, the very same day I was rejeced by MIT I was accepted by the University of Waterloo, closest you can get to MIT in Canada
biggrin.gif
, so I was rather lucky in that regard, and I hope you'll be too.

I can still picture those two gargantuan red and blue SAT books on my desk
biggrin.gif
. Those were the days, eh?

meh, what do you mean the college board lost your score?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back