SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Jun 8, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #901 of 1,214
Strangely I don't find the weight to be that big of an issue, the headband distributes it quite well in my opinion. Another thing about the headphones is they have a slightly bigger clamping force, at least in my initial period that I was able to use them. I'd still call them quite comfortable and I can wear them for a couple of hours, though my friend had a chance to listen to them and said they weren't comfortable for him.

Jun 8, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #902 of 1,214
The headphone is relatively heavy. You can definitely feel it on your head. But because of the well distributed weight thanks to the headband design, it is fairly comfortable and I can tolerate its weight and size

I consider it a stationary desktop headphone that is best used with an amp. You don't want to use it with a portable player while commuting or at work. But if you need something light, comfortable, and portable, I recommend the Bose QuietComfort 35 II. Of course it's much lighter and more comfortable than the Sash Tres. But hey, it's comparing oranges to apples 😉

Jun 8, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #903 of 1,214
Strangely I don't find the weight to be that big of an issue, the headband distributes it quite well in my opinion. Another thing about the headphones is they have a slightly bigger clamping force, at least in my initial period that I was able to use them. I'd still call them quite comfortable and I can wear them for a couple of hours, though my friend had a chance to listen to them and said they weren't comfortable for him.
You can extend the headband to reduce the clamping force.

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #904 of 1,214
Today I received my Sash Tres 45 Ohm from Alexander. The headphones came already warmed up (Alexander warms up all the headphones for ~ 72 hours).
In short: the sound impresses primarily with its naturalness. MFs have a dense body, which, however, has a high resolution. The vocals are melodious, the stage is moved forward, towards the listener. The localization of the instruments is excellent, the HF resolution is excellent. The high frequencies themselves are rather soft, naturally, which directly positively affects the fatigue of listening - you don’t want to take off the headphones in principle.
Separately, I will say about the bass. For good bass and headphone control, you need a powerful amplifier. My Topping A30 pro controls these headphones perfectly. At high gain, the bass is transformed, becoming more resilient and deep.
At the moment, for me, Sash Tres are the standard of natural sound. The big advantage of these headphones is the ability to correctly present tracks with a low dynamic range; where other headphones fall into a cacophony, Sash Tres hold the blow with dignity.
You can spend thousands of dollars on different headphones and not get the sound that these headphones can give.

As a result: these are excellent headphones and for me this is the "end of game". But they definitely need a good amplifier, then they are able to surprise even a sophisticated music lover.

Thanks to Alexander for his work, health and success in all his endeavors! And, most importantly, a peaceful sky for our country - Ukraine :flag_ua:!
I highly rec you try out the EQs I have posted. If you find the resolution and bass to be impressive. Just wait and hear what a little bit of eq can do. The background information, bass slam and raw detail these things give is insane. Maybe even too much at times in a good way 🤯

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #905 of 1,214
How is the Tres in terms of comfort and weight distribution? I believe these weigh over 500g, and I'm a bit concerned about fatigue over longer listening sessions. I currently own the Monolith M1570 which sound amazing but I won't lie: there are times they've gone back on the rack (in exchange for something like the DT-880) because my neck starts to hurt.
These are much more comfy than the M1570 due to the Tres having better weight distribution. But the Tres are still weighty, but a lilttle lighter than the M1570.

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #906 of 1,214
These are much more comfy than the M1570 due to the Tres having better weight distribution. But the Tres are still weighty, but a lilttle lighter than the M1570.
You have both? Aside from weight and ergonomics, how would you compare the sound?

Jun 9, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #907 of 1,214
You have both? Aside from weight and ergonomics, how would you compare the sound?
I've owned the M1570. It wasn't the weight that made me let them go, but the fit was loose. I didn't like the idea of having to bend the headband and yokes to get a less than adequate fit. They always felt loose and with one single movement they'd slip off. With sound. There's no comparison. Obviously if I had a better fit, the M1570 would maybe have sounded better. But from memory, the M1570 would have sounded a bit muted and muffled compared to the Tres 45. I feel that the Tres 45 has more extension on both ends. Better separation between sub and mid bass with better detailed low end. Mids feel thicker and more realistic on the Tres 45 while being clearer and more detailed. Treble on the Tres 45 has a touch more sparkle and air while feeling effortless. Imaging goes to the Tres and soundstage is larger on the Tres. The M1570 did slam a little harder but not by much. Eq makes the Tres 45 blow the M1570 out of the water. No comparison. I much prefer the Tres 45. Obviously these are my impressions and experience. But for me, the M1570 just was issue after issue

Jun 10, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #908 of 1,214
I highly rec you try out the EQs I have posted. If you find the resolution and bass to be impressive. Just wait and hear what a little bit of eq can do. The background information, bass slam and raw detail these things give is insane. Maybe even too much at times in a good way
I agree; The EQ presets you provide make the sound more precise and detailed, the impact in the low end of the spectrum becomes more perceptible and, importantly, the separation of instruments is improved. With these settings, the headphones sound interesting and, in most cases, less fatiguing.

I can say that in terms of acoustic comfort when listening even without an equalizer, Sash Tres is beyond competition for me. The ears do not get tired and the brain does not strain. Very natural sound, as close as possible to live.

P.S. It would be interesting to try the preset of the respected Oratory

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #909 of 1,214
I agree; The EQ presets you provide make the sound more precise and detailed, the impact in the low end of the spectrum becomes more perceptible and, importantly, the separation of instruments is improved. With these settings, the headphones sound interesting and, in most cases, less fatiguing.

I can say that in terms of acoustic comfort when listening even without an equalizer, Sash Tres is beyond competition for me. The ears do not get tired and the brain does not strain. Very natural sound, as close as possible to live.

P.S. It would be interesting to try the preset of the respected Oratory
I also want to hear what Oratorys eq would sound like with the Tres 45. It'd also be interesting to see his graphing and how it compares to others. But yes, the Tres without eq are already punching above there price in performance. Eq just makes them that extra more that it doesn't need, but is welcomed

Jun 11, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #912 of 1,214
I'm interested in these cans. How do I order them? I found the facebook page but it isn't convenient (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100068412632031).
I would like to see all options quietly from a website wo having to chat with the founder.
Although I agree that it would be nice to have a website and even a webstore, creating and maintaining it would probably impact the headphone cost.

Jun 11, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #915 of 1,214
Order started. I couldn't resist any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back