Sansa Fuze vs Sansa Clip+
Oct 31, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 15
Clip+

tiny, robust, light, so very portable, clips onto your clothes so you dont need pockets and it wont come flying out of your chest pocket when you lean over to tie your shoe.

the tinyness factor is HUGE. even tho the fuze is smallish for something w/ a decent screen, its giant next to the clip+.

Oh, lest i forgot to mention it: The clip+ is very small which makes it very convenient and extremely portable.

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 15
what about battery life? as well as the screen size. AFAIK clip+ can view 3 line of song title.

What other function that clip+ has ? I mean support the same file type like fuze right?

Oct 31, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 15
Clip + if you are going new, but the last 3 Clips I bought are refurb and they looked brand new and function perfect. The nice thing is that they're all v1's, so I rockboxed them ftw. 1 of them is over 2 years old and still runs fine, another is over a year and the 3rd is about 9 months or so. They all work great, only reason I have so many is that there's four of us in our household.

Nov 1, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #6 of 15
I have Clip+ so I vote for it. MiniUSB make it easier to be used with different computers. the clip also make it easier to carry around. fuze has bigger screen to display more information and the flat surface on the back make it easier to be mount with amp which isn't important if you use it ampless. propriatery connector is the main reason I go with Clip+ and I don't really need such big screen.

I really wish every manufacturer stop using propriatery connector which is a waste of resource and people end up have to carry the cable all teh time. Mini or micro USB should be share by all companies as standard

Nov 1, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #7 of 15
Yea

I do read Fuze has better battery life than Clip+

Connector issue is not important for me, I do really use amp which is easier to be placed on amp.

I like the 5 line compare to 3 line display.

Gah I think most prob I will settle with 1 more fuze.

Nov 1, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #9 of 15
Both are great, but like everyone said, the fuze gets more battery life. In utmost honesty, the fuze isn't that huge, I carry my fuze+leather case all the time in my jacket pocket, no different than my phone.

Nov 1, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #10 of 15
The Fuze ain't big at all. It's about the same size as a 3G ipod nano (lil wider and shorter than the 1G, 2G, 4G versions) and thinner than the Clip (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/...d8d445.jpg?v=0). I decided on the Fuze mainly because I preferred the scroll wheel, longer battery life, bigger/better screen, similar ipod input, and IMO more aesthetically pleasing (didn't really need the clip either). I also liked the construction of the Fuze more than the Clip (bit heavier though); the Clip's lighter and the plastic feels sturdy enough, but it still feels kind of cheap...

Honestly, though, you can't go wrong with either. Just go with what you think fits you best. I would probably go with the Clip if you plan to use it primarily for running or working out, though.

Dec 15, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #12 of 15
I don't have Fuze but Clip+ sound is good. as regard for the need of amp it depend on what headphone you use. if it is hard to push then amp is welcome but easy to drive headphone probably will be fine amplessly

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #13 of 15
Fuze, Clip, and Clip+ all sound excellent in my opinion. No need for an amp unless you are driving something difficult, but if then again no line out so that is questionable too. As stated before, the Fuze has the stupid proprietary connector rather than mini-USB. On the upside, the Fuze works with the very nice Griffin Power Dock, which is dirt cheap on ebay now. It's just a basic line out dock, not portable at all, but it's solid aluminum construction looks right at home sitting on top of other high end gear.

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by project86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fuze, Clip, and Clip+ all sound excellent in my opinion. No need for an amp unless you are driving something difficult, but if then again no line out so that is questionable too. As stated before, the Fuze has the stupid proprietary connector rather than mini-USB. On the upside, the Fuze works with the very nice Griffin Power Dock, which is dirt cheap on ebay now. It's just a basic line out dock, not portable at all, but it's solid aluminum construction looks right at home sitting on top of other high end gear.

I agree that all of them sound great, but the rmma tests that I've seen show no indication that line out is any better than hp out. Regardless, the clip doesn't need an amp for iem's.

Dec 17, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #15 of 15
I like the Clip+ because of the size and folder support. For more battery life, I carry a small Lenmark USB 500mah battery charger (Staples/Amazon). It is about the size of the Clip+ and can charge the Clip+ one or more times. And I can continue to listen while charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back