Sansa Fuze - is the maximum volume glitch still an issue?
Mar 7, 2009 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jon_m

100+ Head-Fier
Have just got an 8GB Sansa Fuze from Play
biggrin.gif
Apparently, a new package released mid-February (inc a 4GB card, on top of the 8GB).

After buying, though, I noticed that some people had had problems with the volume automatically setting itself to max. I don't know what this would do to my ears or phones when listening with ety IEMs, but I don't think I want to find out... Not to mention what it could do to my speakers when listening through my hifi.

Anyone know if this is still an issue with this player? And how widespread? Play say it doesn't seem to have come up with the new batch... Thanks.

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 8
It was said that when you do some combination of keys on the wheel, the volume will set itself to max. Strange as I have tried those keys and nothing happened (and I have the old hardware version).

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 8
its a combination of keys within a certain timing ... its not easy - but not impossible

mine was a V1 fuze btw - no idea if it was fixed in V2 or not - but I thought it was a firmware issue

I was just annoyed that I managed to do it accidently within 1st hour of using it ... didn't bode well for use over long time ....

Mar 7, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks - any idea what combo of keys? Think I will have a go with (slightly) less sensitive phones and hopefully not trash anything - Play said they will take it back if a problem...

Apr 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 8
I burnt my hands once as I was holding a steaming hot cup of coffee and at the same time handling the fuze. Since I updated the firmware AND formatted the thing it hasn't happened ( Important to format the fuze) I'm still a little weary about it suddenly happening. At least with earbuds you can easily pull em out of your ears. But with IEMs the matter becomes serious , especially with the higher sensitivity ensuing in a ear-crushingly loud volume level.

Apr 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #6 of 8
It hasn't happened to me. I don't have the most recent firmware update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back