Sansa Fuze accumulator problem
Sep 24, 2009 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

General Failure

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have a new Fuze and it seems that the battery doesn't even extend to 14hours of usage (Sandisk proclaims 24 hours). I use a Triple.Fi at constant volume around 40-50%.
May this be caused by defective battery or could it be my own fault because i didn't fully charge it before the first listening (which is generally recommended).
The actual firmware is in use, too.

I ask for your help.

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 4
24hrs is rated by using 128kbps mp3 files. If you use a higher bitrate or a more complex codec, then the battery life will be reduced. Storing music on the uSD card probably will eat more battery as well.

I suggest you conduct a battery test to check the battery like. Basically you just load up some 128kbps mp3 files on your fully charged Fuze, then set it to play continuously on the loop with the stock earbud attached - if you get over 20hrs of playtime then it should be fine.

Sep 24, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks, this simple test you named came to my mind, too.
I mostly listen to mp3s from 192-320kbps.
I also heard, that there are or were firmware problems regarding the correct displaying of the battery status.

Present I am at 10% of battery, so it should work for ca. 100min I guess - at least in theory. I'll let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back