Sansa dock usb
Nov 30, 2009 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

namiSWAN

Banned
I want the line out to work, but have to use usb charger i dont have, i think maybe just connect a switch on one of the data lines, and when i need line out just turn the switch off, but maybe there is a software solution?

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 10
If you insert the mini USB only half way, you can get it to turn on the line-out without the Fuze going into data mode.

Nov 30, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #5 of 10
In USB, the outer 2 is for power. Data is the inner 2. IF it is a mini USB, the inner 3.

Let me teach you a simpler way: cut a tiny piece of Scotch tape (or electric tape) and glue it over the inner 2 / 3 pins inside the connector. That way you don't need to cut anything.

Nov 30, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #7 of 10
you will need to disconnect all the data connection, which mean either the inner 2 or inner 3 of the connection.

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #8 of 10
ok in the end what i have done is cut the cable to half (dont ask why LOL), connected Ground and 3 other cables (white, red, black), the green one connected throw switch, and it works fine, one strange thing the happening is: if the fuze in the dock when i back from sinc mode to charging only and push some button, the light of the screen turn of, but if i go to britness setting it back again, am I missing something?

here some images of the final result:

dt880smile.png
my old zen touch BTW..i like Fuze SQ much more, btw original Fuze earphones not so bed after all (not bad for bundle) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back