Sansa Clip+ with 16gb MicroSD - Will I have to switch folders?
Jun 4, 2010 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kdawgg83

Head-Fier
I'm not really sure what the interface on the Clip+ looks like, since I don't own one yet, but I'm curious whether the player treats the files on the microsd the same as it does the files directly on the player. Will I have to switch between a folder that contains music on the player and a folder that represents the microsd? Or will all my music by treated equally?

Thanks!

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 8
I believe it's the same as the Fuze. In the normal firmware, all the music is shown in the Music folder, regardless of the original location. If you use Rockbox, then the files will show up separately. (When using Rockbox, I have A-F on my Fuze, G-Z on my microSD)

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #3 of 8
If you use folder browsing which looks directly at any files or directories, then you will see what you are looking for, whether it's on the device or the card.  And the menus scroll fast, even through 16gb worth of stuff.  But you can't look in 2 places at once, no.

If you want to look through your music as if the card and the built in memory were the same, then just make sure your music has been ID3 tagged.   If all of your music files have tags, then when you browse by artist, genre, album, etc, then you will be browsing the combined database of your card and your player's built in memory.

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 8
I use dbPowerAmp to tag my flac files.  If you're only using it to tag then it's a bit of overkill but it is dead simple.  Find file/album, select it, right click and enter information.  Easy!

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #7 of 8
Most music (god there has to be a better term than this) player software is capable of tagging FLAC and other file formats.
Check out Foobar2000 if you want a free, fantastic program.

EDIT: God I forgot to answer the OP. I use Rockbox on my 8gb Clip+ with 16gb card, it's the way to go with large SD cards in my opinion.
Much faster load times than the horrid refreshing media that the OF does. You can browse by folders, and subsequently location or chose to browse the database which seemlessly merges the SD card and internal memory.

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #8 of 8
MP3Tag is a great tagger if that's all you want to do.  It's free too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back