Sansa Clip+ vs Cowon D2+
May 9, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #17 of 36
Quote:
How many MWatts you talking about? Ipods have to low for me.

What are you using for headphones? Sure the players you've tried weren't saddled with the EU volume cap?

May 9, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #19 of 36
Quote:
I am usually using MG6Pro custom Dynamic earphones or a hybrid universal by Ultimate ears.

I know of several people who use various Clips with Ultimate Ears, and other customs as well.  My Clip Zip with Rockbox  will drive any of my headphones  to ear-shattering volume levels....my 4th-gen iPod Touch will too.

May 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #22 of 36
Clip+ if you want a simple, usable, good sound quality media player.

May 11, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #23 of 36
Minidisc is ancient technology and blanks are expensive! Are the hiMD 1GB discs around $16 each?  For around $10 one can get a 16GB microSDHC card. High quality hiMD recorders are  expensive(one needs a recorder to put the music on mini discs if they don't already have one. The cheapest hiMD recorder I could find is $145(sony MZ-DH710 ). Compare that to the $30  2GB Sandisk Clip+. The Clip+ also has FM radio, and the ability to take cards up to 32GB. The only good thing about this minidisc is that it takes a AA battery.

May 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #24 of 36
Speaking of minidisk, I have some flac's converted from the minidisks and they sound great. Something is cooking with those minidisk recording.

May 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #25 of 36
Its not about the quantity - its about the quality of the music - is that what music is all about?
Audiophiles what good sound not mediocre sound but hey i've got 160G of storage -

we must go back to the music - music is emotion!

Minidisc captures some of that emotion  - in my opinion

well actually vinyl captures more but records are even more cumbersome than MDs

I got a sony MZ-M10(Hi-MD)  from amazon for $100.00 and sony MZ-RH910(silver) from ebay just recently

If you record digitally (spdif) it sounds awesome

IMO minidiscs sound better at 256kbps than a sansa clip+ sounds playing FLAC!

May 12, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #26 of 36
I like what you have said. I love the sound from a good record on a good turn table from a good needle. The iBasso Dx100 with a good dynamic earphone will give you the sound you are talking about but it will cost you more to get this sound.
Quote:
Its not about the quantity - its about the quality of the music - is that what music is all about?
Audiophiles what good sound not mediocre sound but hey i've got 160G of storage -

we must go back to the music - music is emotion!

Minidisc captures some of that emotion  - in my opinion

well actually vinyl captures more but records are even more cumbersome than MDs

I got a sony MZ-M10(Hi-MD)  from amazon for $100.00 and sony MZ-RH910(silver) from ebay just recently

If you record digitally (spdif) it sounds awesome

IMO minidiscs sound better at 256kbps than a sansa clip+ sounds playing FLAC!

May 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #27 of 36
Is there a difference in SQ between the Sansa Clip/Clip ZIp/Fuze/Fuze+? Also, is an iPod Touch 2nd gen with a Line out dock and FiiO E6 amplifier sound worse than using any of these alone?

May 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #28 of 36
I second that question. Since my current phone (Samsung Galaxy SII) apparently doesn't have much in the way of SQ, I was looking at something that was better and did not cost that much.

I do know the Sansa Clip+ is held in high regard here, but I was wondering if it was indeed better than any of the other players made by Sandisk, especially if RockBox enters the picture. Also, are all Clip+ models equally recommendable? If they are, the 4GB one seems to be the most cost-effective right now.

Finally, would a FiiO E6 be worth it if I am going to listen through Fischer Audio Silver Bullet earphones?

May 15, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #29 of 36
Quote:
I second that question. Since my current phone (Samsung Galaxy SII) apparently doesn't have much in the way of SQ, I was looking at something that was better and did not cost that much.
I do know the Sansa Clip+ is held in high regard here, but I was wondering if it was indeed better than any of the other players made by Sandisk, especially if RockBox enters the picture. Also, are all Clip+ models equally recommendable? If they are, the 4GB one seems to be the most cost-effective right now.
Finally, would a FiiO E6 be worth it if I am going to listen through Fischer Audio Silver Bullet earphones?

Compared to the SII, the Clip+ is an upgrade.
Regarding other players by Sansa, the difference is on AAC playback(Zip, Fuze) and Video Playback(Fuze). Other than that, I don't think the audio parts will be that different.

May 15, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #30 of 36
Compared to the SII, the Clip+ is an upgrade.
Regarding other players by Sansa, the difference is on AAC playback(Zip, Fuze) and Video Playback(Fuze). Other than that, I don't think the audio parts will be that different.

What about the question of the iPod Touch 2nd Gen and a FiiO E6 with a LOD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back