Sansa Clip+ vs Cowon D2+
May 18, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #31 of 36
I have the Clip+ and Fuze. They sound the same, although it seems like the Fuze has  slightly more power. The Clip Zip and Fuze+ are said to have the same sound quality as the Clip+ and Fuze. The Fuze+ should be avoided though, as its controls are horrible. There may be a new Fuze released at the end of August.

The 2GB Clip+ at $30 seems like the best value. Add a $22 class 4  32GB microSDHC card and you have a great $52  34GB player.

May 19, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #32 of 36
Jun 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #34 of 36
If you find the battery life on the Clip+ to be too short, you could buy a usb battery pack to use with it. The Veho Pebble XT 5,000 mah is only $30 on Amazon. This seems like it may be the smallest, lightest, and cheapest of the decent quality 5,000 mah usb battery packs. The Tekkeon mp1580 usb battery pack($17) uses 4 AA nimh batteries(not included). This allows for more flexibility if you get a few sets of AA nimh batteries. Many already have several sets of these. The MP1580 will charge nimh batteries in it via usb, but it takes up to 6 hours. The mp1580 is also listed as being able to use alkalines or lithium AAs, although some reported that it gets too hot with alkalines. I use only nimh batteries in my Tekkeon charger, and it never gets hot.

Jun 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:
If you find the battery life on the Clip+ to be too short, you could buy a usb battery pack to use with it. The Veho Pebble XT 5,000 mah is only $30 on Amazon. This seems like it may be the smallest, lightest, and cheapest of the decent quality 5,000 mah usb battery packs. The Tekkeon mp1580 usb battery pack($17) uses 4 AA nimh batteries(not included). This allows for more flexibility if you get a few sets of AA nimh batteries. Many already have several sets of these. The MP1580 will charge nimh batteries in it via usb, but it takes up to 6 hours. The mp1580 is also listed as being able to use alkalines or lithium AAs, although some reported that it gets too hot with alkalines. I use only nimh batteries in my Tekkeon charger, and it never gets hot.

Just curious: approximately how much of an increase in battery does this provide? Thanks.

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #36 of 36
I think the Veho Pebble could probably give the Clip+ at least 10 full charges, which is at least 120 hours of playing time for mp3 files. Just a guess though. The Clip+ battery is 290 mah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back