Sansa Clip+ vs Cowon D2+
May 6, 2012 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Karl H

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone owned them both?

I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'm contemplating getting rid of the D2+ for a smaller player that still handles FLAC, just wondering if it would be worth doing. I'm only interested in using the unit for music playback, nothing else. I don't currently use a portable dac/amp.

Cheers.

May 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 36
Quote:
Has anyone owned them both?

I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'm contemplating getting rid of the D2+ for a smaller player that still handles FLAC, just wondering if it would be worth doing. I'm only interested in using the unit for music playback, nothing else. I don't currently use a portable dac/amp.

Cheers.

You'd be losing a tremendous amount of battery life going from a D2+ to a Clip+ . They're both good sounding players, but the Clip+ is more usable on-the-go. If I were you I would keep the D2 and also get a Clip+.

May 7, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #5 of 36
The Sansa Clip+ has better SQ. The Cowon D2 sounds muddy and lifeless in comparison. I really wanted to like my Cowon D2 because it has everything on it including DAB radio but the SQ is a let down.

May 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 36
Quote:
The Sansa Clip+ has better SQ. The Cowon D2 sounds muddy and lifeless in comparison. I really wanted to like my Cowon D2 because it has everything on it including DAB radio but the SQ is a let down.

I would agree, with all EQ/enhancements disabled the Clip+ sounds better. You can get good sound out of the D2 with use of the various sound tweaks though.

May 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #7 of 36
All mass player like sansa,cowon,ipod have ~same sound quality. When choosing one of this player you should look at their battery life & UI. Sansa has RB which is a huge plus for me.

May 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #8 of 36
I can tell a difference in audio between many players, I recently purchased the Clip Zip and I'm blown away. I think you should buy it and try it out, and if you don't like it, make a return. 

May 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #9 of 36
Well the D2 sounds better then the J3 and I never heard the Clip but by using the EQ and the effects on the D2 I bet it will easily destroy the Clip.
Quote:

May 8, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #10 of 36
Quote:
Well the D2 sounds better then the J3 and I never heard the Clip but by using the EQ and the effects on the D2 I bet it will easily destroy the Clip.

I don't know if there is something wrong with my Cowon D2 but I just cannot get this DAP sounding good no matter what EQ and BBE effects I use. My other Cowon DAPs the J3 and D3 sound far superior in comparison. The problem I have with the Cowon D2 is that the stereo field is very narrow and the overall SQ is lifeless and a bit harsh. On my other Cowon DAPs the stereo field is a lot wider with better instrument seperation between both stereo channels and the bass is deep and exciting and the mids and highs are crisp.

May 8, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #11 of 36
Well good you have 2 other players you enjoy. What earphones or headphones you use?
Quote:
I don't know if there is something wrong with my Cowon D2 but I just cannot get this DAP sounding good no matter what EQ and BBE effects I use. My other Cowon DAPs the J3 and D3 sound far superior in comparison. The problem I have with the Cowon D2 is that the stereo field is very narrow and the overall SQ is lifeless and a bit harsh. On my other Cowon DAPs the stereo field is a lot wider with better instrument seperation between both stereo channels and the bass is deep and exciting and the mids and highs are crisp.

May 8, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #12 of 36
Clip+, not least because of the Cowon's arcane interface.

May 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #14 of 36
"I never said I had a sansa clip.... I have a sansa fuse and it is a touch device with not a confusing interface... but a very slow and almost painful to use interface"

[<p>]

That is the Fuze+. The original Fuze is great. The Fuze+ has a number of firmware issues. Hopefully at the end of August Sandisk will release a new Fuze player.

May 9, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #15 of 36
Quote:
Haha then you will need a portable amp with that Clip. Why dont they make a new clip with a good amp?

Nothing wrong with the internal amp in the Clips, unless you're trying to run some serious power-hungry headphones off it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back