Sansa Clip Vs Cowon D2
Feb 10, 2009 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 87

xPro_MetheuSx

100+ Head-Fier
Hi dear friends.I have cowon d2. But I have never listen Sansa clip? Which players sound quality is better? If you compare them for sound quality I will be very grateful.Thank you very much.

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #2 of 87
EDIT:
After more inspection, Clip wins out hands down. I've actually switched from my D2 to my Clip. Proof that everything is subjective
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 87
The Clip has a very natural SQ. The bass is very full, and the frequency response is very flat. The soundstage is quite spacious as well.

The D2 has excellent EQ and bass roll-off with low-impedance headphones. People have also said that the soundstage is sort of congested. Generally described as analytical. It also holds a LOT more music.

Feb 11, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #4 of 87
Between the 2 the D2 is the superior sounding player. Add in the audio and eq enhancements, no contest - D2 wins.

Feb 11, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Between the 2 the D2 is the superior sounding player. Add in the audio and eq enhancements, no contest - D2 wins.

I disagree tbh. Having both the Sansa Fuze (same chip thus sound quality as Clip) and Cowon D2, I prefer the Sansa Fuze SQ. It is much more natural sounding and no bass rolloff either.

If you don't need the super portability and the clip on the Clip, I'd buy the Fuze as it sells for around the same price but has a bigger and colour screen and expandable storage via MicroSD.

Feb 11, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #6 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree tbh. Having both the Sansa Fuze (same chip thus sound quality as Clip) and Cowon D2, I prefer the Sansa Fuze SQ. It is much more natural sounding and no bass rolloff either.

If you don't need the super portability and the clip on the Clip, I'd buy the Fuze as it sells for around the same price but has a bigger and colour screen and expandable storage via MicroSD.

d2 is not bad but from the little i compared the fuze, it is a better sounding player at least it is not straining to listen to. the d2 has better sd card integration if you need that and battery which is appalling on the fuze and both support open source codecs which is a plus for people who need that.

hard for me to say what... the fuze is cheap and small while the d2 is big and heavy. id probably go for fuze though i would be unhappy with battery life.

Feb 12, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #9 of 87
16 gb clip, not bad. i really like the size and how compact and easy it is to carry around the clip. prolly only reason why i got the fuze really is for the microsd slot.

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #10 of 87
Just got the new firmware after not using the clip for awhile, it is a little faster and most importantly the clip supports FLAC now. I realize that the flac update came months ago but for those that forgot or haven't checked get the new firmware.

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #14 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailzs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D2 hands down the best. If you can't get the best sound from the D2 Jet Effects it's either the 'phones or your ears.

the d2 is a better player but suffers hugely in driving headphones or earphones. it has one of the poorest stages and separation of channels that exist in daps and very bad bass roll off.

the eq is decent and bbe is quite good but neither one contribute to sound quality, rather to sound tweakability or tailoring.

the clip is one of the better sounding players despite also having a compressed left to right separation. it has no bass roll off, decent noise floor etc.

i had the d2 and was from the beginning wondering why headfi are up in arms about the d2 but think it is because 1. claimed battery spec 2. sd card expansion 3. cowon market choice of ogg and flac 4. some extra functions

but it is not a top audio performer at all. it is merely a decent all around player

the clip: for its price and size one of the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back