Sansa Clip+ Hesitation
Dec 3, 2009 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Xevuhtess77

New Head-Fier
Just got my new Clip+ and I love it! Except that sometimes when fast-forwarding through songs, it will freeze and none of the buttons will work. After like 10 seconds it will continue working. I did some brief searching and didn't find any info on this. Anybody else have this issue?

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 19
Just got mine today. It did freeze on me a couple times. My preliminary thoughts are when I loaded files into clip memory there was an extra text file from a podcast that may have been gumming up the works. I took that file out and I don't think it's had any problems since.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 19
I'm confused with the ad on sansa clip+. Can I use preloaded memory cards (e.g., Sandisk's slotMusic cards) only, or can I use an ordinary memory card with my own music?

I've read in amazon.com that there's a slight flicker on the screen, and that there is no cover for the memory card slot. With these, would you still prefer the Clip+ to the Fuze? I'm choosing between the two.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 19
Mark: If the Clip+'s firmware is anything like the Fuze's, you'll be able to use your microSD cards at any time. However, the slotMusic cards require the latest firmware to use.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xevuhtess77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Each of my folders has an ALB file in it (album file?). Is that what you are talking about?

my extra file was a .__text file can't remember exactly; from a podcast. If it's something you can put back later just get rid of it and see if that takes care of it. I haven't put any ripped cds on the clip yet so haven't experienced your exact dilemma.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #7 of 19
Miscellaneous remark: Both of my Sandisk players (e260, Fuze) have had terrible freezing and crashing issues. It's not that often, but happens enough to really annoy me. Firmware updates do nothing.

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassoonHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my extra file was a .__text file can't remember exactly; from a podcast. If it's something you can put back later just get rid of it and see if that takes care of it. I haven't put any ripped cds on the clip yet so haven't experienced your exact dilemma.

My files aren't ripped from a CD, I never had the .alb files on my computer so I don't know whether my computer made them or the Clip did. To load the files onto the clip I just dragged+dropped files in MediaMonkey, and it sorted the files into Artist folders then Album folders based on the ID3 tag info. Each of those album folders has a .alb file in it.

I just deleted all the .alb files, and it stilll hesitates. I have noticed that the hesitation only occurs when im using "play all". If I listen to just one album, it will not hesitate. Sounds like its having a hard time seeking through many files at once? I only have 180ish files on there right now.....

Can anybody with a lot of files loaded test if yours hestitates when you use "play all"?

Also, what is the "service" folder for? I have a folder named Rhapsody in there. Can I delete it? And there is a file named DevIcon.fil in the main directory, do you have that too?

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Miscellaneous remark: Both of my Sandisk players (e260, Fuze) have had terrible freezing and crashing issues. It's not that often, but happens enough to really annoy me. Firmware updates do nothing.

Oh no! Now I'm hesitating to buy a Sandisk. How about the others? How's your experience with Sandisk players? I really want a nice-sounding super portable (i.e., really small) player for the gym.

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #10 of 19
Mine crashed today whenever I went into the System Information menu. I fixed it by (once it rebooted) removing the micro SD card, putting it back in, and letting it reload the database. It fixed that problem for now, but otherwise it's been fine. Did that one other time so far.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #13 of 19
I own a 4GB, Black Clip+ and I've yet to run into any issues whatsoever. The older v1 players have had a less stable track record than the v2 players which use a different chipset. I'd say go for it; worst case scenario is that it crashes once like it did for bba1973. I've only had my music on the player's built-in flash storage though so please take my words with a grain of salt.

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_Louis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh no! Now I'm hesitating to buy a Sandisk. How about the others? How's your experience with Sandisk players? I really want a nice-sounding super portable (i.e., really small) player for the gym.

I can't remark on the e260 (sold it before I started really going into audio), but the Fuze sounds nice (and it seems that the Clip+ sounds the same).
It might just be that wall charging (I use a very cheap adapter) really messes up the player, as my friends who also own Sandisk players don't get this problem.

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #15 of 19
^^ Oh I see. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif
I think I'm gonna buy a Sandisk.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back