Sansa Clip 2 GB Deal
May 10, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 9
Thanks for the heads up, but please try to keep the clutter down, there has already been a thread about this.

May 10, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #4 of 9
Comment in the other thread. Ta da, it's on the first page.

And in the end it's not just $12.99. Woot.com's $5 shipping always kills their low-price deals. It accounts for over a quarter of the item's price. I'd rather pay another $37 for a new Clip+ from Amazon and get 6GB more storage and microSDHC compatibility. But for anyone who finds 2GB is enough, the Clip is a fantastic player and this is a great price.

May 11, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
Comment in the other thread. Ta da, it's on the first page.

And in the end it's not just $12.99. Woot.com's $5 shipping always kills their low-price deals. It accounts for over a quarter of the item's price. I'd rather pay another $37 for a new Clip+ from Amazon and get 6GB more storage and microSDHC compatibility. But for anyone who finds 2GB is enough, the Clip is a fantastic player and this is a great price.

$13+$5=$18 for refurb'd Clip 2gb

$26 got me a NIB Clip+ 2gb from Amazon

Only makes sense to me if you like the older sound signature or you need $8 really bad and don't mind refurbs.

May 18, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #7 of 9
I bought three of the 2gb's when they had the same deal some months ago.  The $5 shipping is the same whether you buy 1,2, or 3, so it comes out to $1.67 per player for shipping.  They are nice little players.  One of these days I'll get an 8gb clip+, but those are around $55 at amazon last I looked, and $70 at newegg.

May 20, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #8 of 9
I jumped right on this deal and just received it yesterday, it's a good thing this appeared on payday cause I usually end up using all my money by the day after. and boy did I ever needed another player, since my iAudio 7 bricked this time last year i had to resort to my 1 Gb Sansa Clip and made worse when the screen became defective back at the fall
frown.gif
, and yes 2gb may seem relatively tiny to most headfi'ers but 1gb to 2gb is a massive difference for me

May 20, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #9 of 9
Another possible alternative to the 2gb Clip is the v4 M250 which supposedly has about the same internal electronics so should have similar SQ. It is in slightly larger packaging and runs on an AAA cell instead of a built-in rechargeable. That means it's easy to swap out the AAA for another one on the go. I have the older 4gb M260 and it runs for 12 hours or so on a charge of an AAA NiMH cell, so I just keep a few charged cells handy, swap them in as needed, and recharge them when I get around to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back