Sandisk sansa clipzip is not good for speakers?
May 23, 2012 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

vziera

New Head-Fier
So I've been having this clipzip for almost a month, as an mp3 player for headphones, it sounds pretty good. I don't know if I'm just biased but I think my ears have gotten used to its sound. But, when I tested this to my bose companion 3 series 2, it sounded horrible, it's like something was drowning the sound. The other day I tried to pair my clipzip to my friend's MX6021 and it sounded like a derp as well. Is this normal?

May 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #4 of 8
The clip zip is made for headphones only, not speakers, it doesn't have enough power to drive any speaker. I'm surprised smoke didn't start pouring out of it, 

May 25, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #5 of 8
the problem is with the speakers, not the sandisk

google Bose on any HIFI Forum

May 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
The clip zip is made for headphones only, not speakers, it doesn't have enough power to drive any speaker. I'm surprised smoke didn't start pouring out of it, 

You mean my clipzip should have degraded since then, please be serious :\
Quote:
the problem is with the speakers, not the sandisk

google Bose on any HIFI Forum

But it was as bad on MX6021

May 29, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 8
I'm not sure about this, the two speakers you mentioned are 'active', so they have their own power and amp. The Clip just gives the signal.
But listening to speakers is nowhere similar to headphones. The room characteristics affects acoustics a lot, and then there are placement settings, EQ and all kinds of stuff. Making speakers sound good takes a lot of effort in comparison to headphones.

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #8 of 8
I waiting for a more positive reply. I don't like earplug speakers anyway, but SanDisk's must be about the worst I have seen. I have made strenuous efforts, but I just can't get the plugs to stay in my ears. In other words, they're absolutely worthless. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back