San Jose, CA - Super Mini Meet?
Oct 31, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #46 of 66
Mine is stock.

Great!  You'll have to try mine to let me know what you think.  I just updated my equipment list to include the HD800. 

Looks like I'll be bringing a few more headphones than I originally thought. :)

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #47 of 66
Sadly I'm unable to attend as I wished. I blame work for this. 

I'll be keeping a eye out for future meets though, and hopefully I'll be able to attend!

Oct 31, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #48 of 66
I'm looking forward to this.  I've been meaning to compare the 010 with the 009 and HD800 directly.  I've always strongly preferred the 010 over the Omega 2, perhaps the latest iteration will be different.  Also seems to me the HD800 was inspired by Sony's approach with the 010 and SA5000 but that's just an impression.  Would be good to have all of them in the same room for comparison/discussion.

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #49 of 66
Hello all 'audiophiles',

I'm gonna be just about hungry for lunch by the time I arrive tomorrow around noon and probably not the online one, so I'm hoping we can all bring some money to share the cost of pizza?. I think 4 large's would be enough to go around and I can pick it up next door from Round Table unless anybody hates that place. I'm pretty sure some 'drinks would be nice too 
dt880smile.png

Also I checked both weather forecasts and it looks like it will be raining on & off all day from 9am on Saturday - so for those of you coming on public transit, I recommend you bring an umbrella or poncho to keep your electronics dry 
cool.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #50 of 66
  Hello all 'audiophiles',

I'm gonna be just about hungry for lunch by the time I arrive tomorrow around noon and probably not the online one, so I'm hoping we can all bring some money to share the cost of pizza?. I think 4 large's would be enough to go around and I can pick it up next door from Round Table unless anybody hates that place. I'm pretty sure some 'drinks would be nice too 
dt880smile.png

Just a note that there isn't a whole lot of space in the office, especially once we have three or more setups going.  The office is pretty cluttered with paperwork and other random stuff, as you'll see tomorrow.  I'm fine with people bringing something to eat or drink, just not sure there will be much room for food. 

There are common areas outside of the offices, now that I think about it, where people can sit and eat.  Guess all I'm really saying is that I don't think we'd have much space for pizzas that wouldn't be literally on top of the rigs or other business equipment/files.

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #51 of 66
Hi Everyone,

I'm coming and I'm bringing:

Audio Techinica ATH-ES10
Beyerdynamic T5P 
Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600Ohm
Centrance Dacport (Hoping Jason might want to trade his Geekout for it)
Denon AH-D750
Denon AH-D950
Fostex HP-P1 Headphone DAC/AMP
Schiit Lyr 2
Sennheiser PX100

I'm not a big fan of Round Table, but maybe we can find something in the area. I'm sure we might all be a little hungry...

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #52 of 66

Just a note that there isn't a whole lot of space in the office, especially once we have three or more setups going.  The office is pretty cluttered with paperwork and other random stuff, as you'll see tomorrow.  I'm fine with people bringing something to eat or drink, just not sure there will be much room for food. 

There are common areas outside of the offices, now that I think about it, where people can sit and eat.  Guess all I'm really saying is that I don't think we'd have much space for pizzas that wouldn't be literally on top of the rigs or other business equipment/files.

Jason,

Thank you for the heads up on the space situation at the location you've generously provided for this meet.  Given the close quarters of the site, I would ask that all food and beverages be consumed in a area well away from the area where equipment will be set up.  I'm sure we all agree, we want to treat everyone's equipment with the utmost respect and avoid any chance of an "unfortunate incident" with all gear shared at the meet.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #53 of 66
Well, kinda last minute, but I don't think I'll be lugging along the McIntosh MAC 4100.

So folks will have to demo that one at a later time. Or actually, it's not necessary since my DIY amp is tuned to practically the same tone, except for some special sauce...

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #59 of 66
Awesome meet Jjcha. I loved the Stax, LCD2's, HE-580, and T5P's. Jazzfan, what was the electronic song I heard on the Stax over and over again? Murder Original Mix or something? Bill-P, what was the song you played I listened on multiple headphones when I left? Thanks!

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #60 of 66
I believe this is the song Jazzfan was playing:
http://www.beatport.com/track/murder-style-original-mix/5223226

And here is my song: (free download)
https://www.facebook.com/Kannibalen.Records/app_201742856511228

And yeah, it was a great meet!
beerchug.gif

The intimate and friendly settings allowed me to demo gears much more extensively, and I was able to get a feel for a lot of gears all at once.

It's good to know my HE-560 setup still has its own standing even in the face of the behemoths... HE-6, HD800, and SR-009. Thanks in large part to the Neko DAC! 
biggrin.gif

The Sony Qualia 010 was really interesting. I can see how people consider its tonality "off", but I'd be hard-pressed to not appreciate what it does right, mainly the treble and the soundstage. Its bass is actually not so bad either.

I really really liked the ATH-W10VTG. It sounds exactly like what I was looking for in the W1000, and the mini plug was a nice surprise! Bass extension didn't go as low as I'm used to (eh?), but it was very good for vocals!

The Stax SR-X sounds really quite like my ES10, and that was a pleasant surprise. I really like it a lot, too. But then... I think it's nice to have that sound on a portable headphone after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back