San Francisco Bay Area Meet?
Jan 21, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #46 of 472
Wow, from the sounds of it, I'd like to stay at Neil's for a couple weeks.
biggrin.gif
That's where my vote's going.

BTW, I updated my first post with equipment offered so far. It's a couple down on the first page.

Jan 21, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #48 of 472
I checked my dates and seem to be in the clear. I'll be there unless something unforseen comes up, so you can remove my question mark, Gundam.

BTW, thanks for keeping the items that you're brining nice and easy to copy and paste, Neil.

Jan 21, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #50 of 472
Mark me as tentative.. I can bring hte following

RS-1
Denon DCD-1500 CDP
Sony D-33 PCDP
Millet Hybrid
PPA v2

Jan 21, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #51 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
oh, the Esoteric is a CDP Btw. It's a heavy beast so I'm still considering

Neil

Fixed. If the meet is at your place, you won't have to worry about hauling it, eh?

Jan 21, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #52 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Tear
Decided to help out by listing the equipment.

Thanks for doing this Crimson Tear, especially since you had to dig mine out of my sig. I made some changes to mine to clarify, and to add and subtract what makes sense for the meet. I'm not sure about IEMs for the meet, but I will probably have the Super.Fi's anyway. I made a couple other clarifications on some others. You can paste this into your post above if you like.

[size=medium]Equipment:[/size]

[size=x-small]HP's:[/size]
DT770-80 {Crimson Tear}
MS2 {Kramer5150}
HF-1(woody mod) {Kramer5150}
RS1 {Kramer5150, ATAT}
HD580 {Kramer5150}
K240s(modded) {Kramer5150}
Woodied 650 with a RnB cable {PFKMan23}
HF-1 {PFKMan23, wowie11, Voltron}
AKG K601 {gshan, Voltron}
Westone UM2 {wowie11}
Future Sonics EM3 {wowie11}
Yamaha HP-1 {wowie11}
HD650(Equinox and Silver Dragon) {Voltron}
CD3000 {Voltron}
Super.fi 5 Pros {Voltron}
K701 {Voltron, Ripley}
A900(A1000 pads) {Ripley}
E5C {Bolt San}
SR-225(c-pads) {Bolt San}
CM4 {Bolt San}
Sony R10 {neilvg}
Sennheiser HE60 {neilvg}
AKG K1000 {neilvg}

[size=x-small]Amps:[/size]
Cyber 30 {gundam91}
Cyber 20 {gundam91}
HEV70 {neilvg}
RSA Hornet {PFKMan23}
Xin Supermini-3 {gshan}
Maxxed MPX3 {Voltron}
Prehead Prototype {Voltron}
SM3 {Voltron}
Katrina SR-71 {Voltron}
Headroom Desktop(Home Amp and DAC modules) {Voltron}
Go-Vibe v3 (w/ AD8620 opamp) {Ripley}
Earmax Annivarsary {neilvg}
Millet Hybrid {ATAT}
PPA v2 {ATAT}

[size=x-small]Sources:[/size]
Onix CD-1 {Voltron}
2G iPod Mini 4GB {Voltron}
Esoteric DV50 {neilvg}
Denon DCD-1500 {ATAT}
Sony D-33 {ATAT}
Sony D-66 {Bolt San}

[size=x-small]Interconnects:[/size]
White Diamond mini {PFKMan23}
RnB Black Diamond mini {gshan}
RnB180 Gold Reference Mini {Voltron}
RnB180 Black Diamond Tiny Mini {Voltron}

[size=x-small]DAC's:[/size]
Headroom Desktop(Home Amp and DAC modules) {Voltron}
Benchmark DAC1

[size=x-small]Misc:[/size]
Desktop PSU {Voltron}
Cheese {Ripley}

Jan 21, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #53 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Tear
Fixed. If the meet is at your place, you won't have to worry about hauling it, eh?

Actually, I live in the city, but I have another place in Saratoga (Family Home). It may be a little out of the way for us SF/North Bay Folk, but depending on logistics, it may be more conducive to a meet... or not.

Gundam, can you tell us more about the Tea Shop? Are there stairs we need to go up? is there temp. parking to unload equipment? How much room do we have? Is there adequate electricity/sockets in the area? How is the parking situation in general? Is it paid parking garage? The other thing about the place in Saratoga is there is no parking issue, the house can easily store 15 cars or so in our driveway.

Neil

Jan 21, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #54 of 472
Thanks for cleaning up my mess, Voltron. I really had no idea what I was doing.

Parking is definately cool. Us folks from the Valley hate trying to find parking spaces in the city.
Are stairs really much of a problem anyway? As long as it's not over 200 pounds the stuff should be fairly easy to haul up some steps. But then again, I've never been to a meet before.

Jan 21, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #55 of 472
I had the oppurtunity to visit Neil's parents home this evening and I do feel it can be very conducive for a meet. Looking at the last San Meteo Meet, it was said that there were 25 participants or so. I am certain that Neil's parents' home is more than able to accomodate us (gear, tables, chairs and all). Given the lay out of the home, it is also possible to have a couple "mini" meets of sorts within the main meet, if anyone is interested in doing any comparisons, shootouts, tests or whatever. Or simply if people want to talk, there is less intrusion on those who want to listen as, simply put the place is huge. Heck a group could check out his parent's home theater set up if they wanted and they could jusut talk in there as well. In essence, even in the context of 30 people or so, I think that there would be more than sufficient space. And I think given the logistical issues, I think that there would be more space availabe for us to function at Neil's place, unless of course we took over a couple of the meeting rooms and such at the tea place.

And just a couple note and questions, one of the "advantages" that was brought up in support of the San Mateo location is that food and drinks are readily available. What type of items are we talking about? Are we talking about prepared dishes and assets like restaurants that are close by. Or are we talkng about less formal items like soda, chips and such? If it's more generic items; soda chips and the like, I could always make a trip to the super market/s, if needed.

Now just a few thigs that I've noticed reading through the old San Mateo meet threads, both the impressions and preparation. One thing is There was a liability waiver that needed to be signed. While that is understandable, I also understand that there was quite a few people who didn't sign that waiver. Doesn't that basically disqualify them from participating in the meet? Also on the issue of the cover charge, I think that if there is any money to be spent at this meet, it should mainly be going to headfi. In short, I think bringng an external party into the equation, should be avided if possible.

Also, just looking at the pics of the orignal San Mateo Meet it seemed that much of the parking available, is metered, which can pose its own issues as well.

In addition, kind of an issue that we've put on the back burner, but I feel we should be working just as hard to set down a concrete date for the meet or even if we narrow down if it's going on a Saturday or Sunday, as that can also pose some issues with people.

In any case those are some random thoughts that were in my head.

Jan 21, 2006 at 1:36 PM Post #57 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanproj
i am down for either saturday.

just a question, how far is saratoga from sf?

About an hour or so.

Jan 21, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #58 of 472
hrm... this is really tempting... i'd say i'd go but all my goods are in davis. otherwise, i could just hop the fence to neilvg's place. i'll see where this thread goes before i make an actual decision. but if i'm going, i vote for neil's place cuz it's close to home
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #60 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
just because its a meet doesn't mean you have to bring something yourself... Generally there is enough equipment around to be more than enough.

Indeed, I also enjoy talking to our fellow headfiers and such. It's not just abouyt the listening I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back