San Francisco Bay Area - February 25, 2006
Mar 4, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #121 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
OK, so here's the sad part. I went to court this morning with my fresh-faced associate attorney all excited to argue part of the 4 big motions that have been delayed and delayed and built up and built up. The hearing was specially set and we were the only case before the judge, which tyrion can confirm usually means the judge is expecting to be awhile. As you know, preparing for all this was why I didn't crack out the SB3s last night...

So, we go to court and get there early because there was no traffic. Fine. We are still the only case on the calendar. Fine. The judge comes out with one of those US Mail bins literally brimming with paper from our motions. Fine. BUT, after turning to the other side and asking whether they had anything to add to the papers on file, which led to a quick and perfunctory reference to the key points, and then doing the same to me, the judge said he would rule on the motions next week, so thanks and goodbye! Nothing more, nada, zip. No argument to speak of, the associate didn't get to say one word at court, and the whole thing took minutes. Talk about a let-down.
rolleyes.gif

All that time wasted last night when I could have been streaming tunes all over the house!
mad.gif
Damn that was disappointing! [Not your fault of course, judge, if you happen to be reading!
eek.gif
]

Oh, and by the way, I am still at work and haven't opened the box yet!

I told you not to prepare.
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #122 of 138
Wow--what an awesome looking meet and great impressions. I wish I could have attended. Great gear and cool Head-Fi folks must have been a blast.
icon10.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #123 of 138
Hey everybody, sorry it took me so long to post and thank everyone.

First off, I had a great time hanging out late into the next morning with the hard core crew.

Secondly, thanks a bunch for hosting this meet Neil, there were so many great toys to play with around the house, I barely had any time to listen to any of the headphones.

Alex, thanks once again for lugging that collection of yours out for our listening pleasure. I had a great time comparing the r10 on the singlepower with the various AT headphones.

I could go on and on thanking all the people individually, but I don't think anyone wants to read my groveling, but needless to say I had a great time with everyone I talked to. I find more and more that I go to these things for the community more than the headphones.(blasphemy!)

I will try and get back with some impressions, but I just wanted to give my shout-outs.

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #124 of 138
Yeah, Mike hooked me up.
wink.gif

Go team Squeeeeezebox!
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #125 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Yeah, Mike hooked me up.
wink.gif

Go team Squeeeeezebox!
biggrin.gif

Speaking of getting hooked up, I just got my first Squeezebox up and streaming!
icon10.gif
Not a problem at all (except remembering where to find that silly WEP key) and right now the slimserver has sucked in all of my iTunes and is currently shuffling through the whole thing.

909-
Really sorry you didn't make it but we hope to see you in NorCal one of these days.

Raif-
Did you just wake up? My favorite Raif quote from the meet/post meet was "Who here is FANCY?!" Luckily he immediately translated that to mean "Who wants a G&T?" I can't remember if Utep or I had a hand in the air faster, but it was close....
very_evil_smiley.gif
Next time I will know to stay even longer and join the Breakfast Club.

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #126 of 138
breakfast club was so fun.
evil_smiley.gif
I bet the waiters and the other customers in the restaurant were wondering what was going on at our table with us laughing at the most trivial things.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:36 AM Post #128 of 138
of the three of us that went, I know Peter and I didn't have any sleep since waking up early in the morning the previous day... but depending on who you ask Neil could fit that description too.

I say he took a 10 minute nap or so while listening to his Orpheus in the early morning, but Neil counters by saying he was just closing his eyes and really getting into the music, and thus was fully awake. he sure didn't seem aware of his surroundings though with me almost walking over him a few times (hey, he was resting right in the middle of the walkway between my gear and my packing supplies), and that half-open right eye that was blindly fixated at infinite focus sure seems fishy.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #130 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron

OK, so here's the sad part.

(...) the judge said he would rule on the motions next week, so thanks and goodbye! Nothing more, nada, zip. No argument to speak of, the associate didn't get to say one word at court, and the whole thing took minutes.

LOL....and you realy want to know why it was so quick? The judge had just received his own Squeezebox...
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Mar 5, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #131 of 138
that was my first meet and it was pretty good. I got to hear everything i could possibly want/afford and some that i cant (he90 hehe). Nice to meet some of you guys like voltron,ayt999 et al. very cool guys with very nice gear. Maybe ayt999 can make me a tiny cable for mint to ipod
icon10.gif
Hopefully by next meet ill have a nice rack source instead of my refridgerator PC. If you dont wanna go broke i suggest never going to a meet. that stuff makes you drool too damn much. Fav cans that meet were the HE90, CD3000,SA5k,A900,k701 in that order. Wish there was someone who brought some dang 595... i mean 14 650s and not one foward sounding senn. I think i saw a 555 but not sure.

Mar 6, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #132 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
breakfast club was so fun.
evil_smiley.gif
I bet the waiters and the other customers in the restaurant were wondering what was going on at our table with us laughing at the most trivial things.

Luckily I frequent that Breakfast joint relatively often (they recognize me). Becuase if that wasn't the case, I'm sure something 'bad' would have happened to our food/we should be shown the door. Iron Dreamer and I got pretty 'daffy' whilst Alex watched along in silent amusement.

Neil

Mar 6, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #133 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
Luckily I frequent that Breakfast joint relatively often (they recognize me). Becuase if that wasn't the case, I'm sure something 'bad' would have happened to our food/we should be shown the door. Iron Dreamer and I got pretty 'daffy' whilst Alex watched along in silent amusement.

Neil

Hey but it was the sort of fun that makes a 6-hour round trip worthwhile!
biggrin.gif
Orpheus listening notwithstanding, of course ;P

Mar 7, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #134 of 138
The turntable was left????

Just got back from a business trip to Boston.

Ugh, I thought two members wanted it and were too nice neither wanted to take it from the other, so I let them work it out as I had to take off. Neilvg, I really didn't intend for you to get stuck with it. Sorry man. I hope someone picks it up (it sat unused in my house for over a year), but if not I'll get it out of your hair next time I'm in the South Bay. Just let me know and I can make the trip. Again sorry.

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #135 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkless
they've extended the deal to last through March 31
icon10.gif

All right, I give in. I'm buying a fourth Squeezebox. Is there anyone local who wants to join up and split the 100off2 savings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back