San Francisco Bay Area - February 25, 2006
Mar 3, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #106 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame
The Server | The Storage | The Squeezebox 2 | The System | The 'Secret Agent' device | The Synergy

Or more simply put, The Future.

Wow man, that was more than food for thought. You have seriously floored me. It is not that I was unaware of any one component, but the way you put it together really opened my eyes.

Thanks. My wallet will never recover from this.
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #107 of 138
Incredibly, my two SqueezeBoxes just arrived today, not even one week after having the same kind of reaction Philodox just shared! Slim Devices is not jokin' around. I am not going to be able to play with these new toys tonight (morning court appearance to prepare for) but I'm joining The Future this weekend!
eggosmile.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #108 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Incredibly, my two SqueezeBoxes just arrived today, not even one week after having the same kind of reaction Philodox just shared! Slim Devices is not jokin' around. I am not going to be able to play with these new toys tonight (morning court appearance to prepare for) but I'm joining The Future this weekend!
eggosmile.gif

You still prepare for court appearances? Let's see, two SB, court prep, no brainer, read the file on the way to the courthouse.
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #109 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
You still prepare for court appearances? Let's see, two SB, court prep, no brainer, read the file on the way to the courthouse.
biggrin.gif

You're funny. This is 4 separate motions with a lot riding on them, and I had so little time for prep today. I admit that I will have a scotch in my hand and cans on my head, and I guess I would also have to admit there will be a high level of temptation sitting in that box...
very_evil_smiley.gif
Maybe I should just leave the SB3s at the office so as not to be tempted! Hell, I'd probably drive all the way back here and get them if I did!
eek.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #110 of 138
Quote:

You're funny. This is 4 separate motions with a lot riding on them, and I had so little time for prep today. I admit that I will have a scotch in my hand and cans on my head, and I guess I would also have to admit there will be a high level of temptation sitting in that box...
very_evil_smiley.gif
Maybe I should just leave the SB3s at the office so as not to be tempted! Hell, I'd probably drive all the way back here and get them if I did!
eek.gif

Okay, if it's 4 motions, then I can understand. I hate it when a new toy arrives and life gets in the way of enjoying them.

Mar 3, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #111 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Okay, if it's 4 motions, then I can understand. I hate it when a new toy arrives and life gets in the way of enjoying them.

Thanks for permission to work, my friend, but I was kinda hoping you would insist that I was being foolish and that I could certainly squeeze in the SB3 setup(s) before turning to these motions or maybe just suggest that I wake up a bit earlier and get some quality time in the morning before driving, or some other quality ideas like those!!!

Mar 3, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #112 of 138
Quote:

Thanks for permission to work, my friend, but I was kinda hoping you would insist that I was being foolish and that I could certainly squeeze in the SB3 setup(s) before turning to these motions or maybe just suggest that I wake up a bit earlier and get some quality time in the morning before driving, or some other quality ideas like those!!!

Well, that is what I would do but I didn't want to pass on my bad habits.

Mar 3, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #113 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by strogg

so, the big question is: who's taking the turntable?

I thought I left it in your hands, you didn't take it? haahahha
its like we're in the same situation like as before flip a coin
tongue.gif

if i take it, its gonna prolly gonna sit in the MiST lab at school, with the dinner music record I took also.. haha
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 12:58 PM Post #114 of 138
Quote:

Incredibly, my two SqueezeBoxes just arrived today.

Do you need both of them? If not, I might know someone who is interested in the second unit.
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #116 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Do you need both of them? If not, I might know someone who is interested in the second unit.
biggrin.gif

Hey Philodox, somebody beat you to it so I will put you down second on the list in case I don't end up wanting two of them
k1000smile.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #117 of 138
Quote:

Hey Philodox, somebody beat you to it so I will put you down second on the list in case I don't end up wanting two of them
k1000smile.gif

No need to worry, I have Jason hooked up. I ordered two for $100 off. The deal was still available today. It shipped within an hour of placing the order.

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #118 of 138
Quote:

k1000smile.gif

Votron,

You're posting. So that means the weekend starts here, right?

Toy Time!

Mar 4, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #119 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame
Votron,

You're posting. So that means the weekend starts here, right?

Toy Time!

OK, so here's the sad part. I went to court this morning with my fresh-faced associate attorney all excited to argue part of the 4 big motions that have been delayed and delayed and built up and built up. The hearing was specially set and we were the only case before the judge, which tyrion can confirm usually means the judge is expecting to be awhile. As you know, preparing for all this was why I didn't crack out the SB3s last night...

So, we go to court and get there early because there was no traffic. Fine. We are still the only case on the calendar. Fine. The judge comes out with one of those US Mail bins literally brimming with paper from our motions. Fine. BUT, after turning to the other side and asking whether they had anything to add to the papers on file, which led to a quick and perfunctory reference to the key points, and then doing the same to me, the judge said he would rule on the motions next week, so thanks and goodbye! Nothing more, nada, zip. No argument to speak of, the associate didn't get to say one word at court, and the whole thing took minutes. Talk about a let-down.
rolleyes.gif

All that time wasted last night when I could have been streaming tunes all over the house!
mad.gif
Damn that was disappointing! [Not your fault of course, judge, if you happen to be reading!
eek.gif
]

Oh, and by the way, I am still at work and haven't opened the box yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back