SAN DIEGO Meet, April 23
Apr 22, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #257 of 284

Quote:

Bummer, was looking forward to the Valhalla, and to meeting you.  Adjustments for cancellations noted.  For some reason I had BrianMendoza but not Mrcontent on the roster, so we're at 37 confirmed.

Well guess what I live in town, we could get together almost anytime!

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #258 of 284

Quote:
Depending on when we head back, it might become a total nightmare driving, unless we leave a lot later.

well actually saturday evenings/afternoons are not so bad for driving between SD and LA. Weekdays are far worse as are sundays

I would be down to get food afterwards as long as we can keep the price reasonable (sub 15$ range for sure). 

Apr 22, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #260 of 284
Well sorry to say this, but I may have to cancel last minute. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the long drive. If I got, I can confirm I have this equipment (it's what I've got here at home). Is there anything in the list people are DYING to hear? I'm not sure how much to bring down.

Audio-gd Ref1
Audio-gd Roc
(ACSS vs XLR shootout?!?!)

Hifiman HE-6
Audeze LCD-2
AKG K340
AKG Sextetts
AKG K601 (balanced, IF I get this replacement driver in them....)
ultrasone HFI -780

Apr 22, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #262 of 284
elwappo, I will be bringing LCD-2's, but would really like to hear the HE6, and the audio-gd gear. 

Nothing better to clear out the cobwebs than a fun meet, though.  It's awesome weather down here today, too.  Hope you can rally to join us! 

This is the pool patio, which is literally right outside our meeting room, he said hoping this would be too tempting to pass up...  

L3000.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 22, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #264 of 284
OK, one of my other cousins is coming as well, did not know he was coming down this weekend until a couple hours ago. Cannot wait, this will be beyond sweet.

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #265 of 284

Oh man!!! Your young man, you should go!!!
I got the V800 in Wednesday so I will bring the V181 & V800 with a nice sounding AproditeCu Zeus DNA Helix Quad22 cable (I am liking it more that my beloved Norse Audio 8 Wire right now).
I also have the LCD2 with the du=ynamat extreme closed back mod.
and Aphrodite Cu sent me a box full of Wireworld products like Power cords, interconnects, USB, XLR, and other cables to audition and encouraged me to bring to show to share with fellow head-fiers.
I'd love to hear the Ref 1/Roc against V800/V181 via some beautiful Eclipse cables with 24K gold Furutech fp601/602 XLRs that I am bringing...We can swap the Nore Audio and Zeus cables on the LCDs also...could be a blast!

Quote:
Well sorry to say this, but I may have to cancel last minute. It's been a rough week for me, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the long drive. If I got, I can confirm I have this equipment (it's what I've got here at home). Is there anything in the list people are DYING to hear? I'm not sure how much to bring down.

Audio-gd Ref1
Audio-gd Roc
(ACSS vs XLR shootout?!?!)

Hifiman HE-6
Audeze LCD-2
AKG K340
AKG Sextetts
AKG K601 (balanced, IF I get this replacement driver in them....)
ultrasone HFI -780

Apr 22, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #266 of 284
Certainly looking forward to being there tomorrow!

Apr 22, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #267 of 284
If anyone has an old, good condition desk CD player that they'd be willing to sell for $10-15, please bring it. Like a Sony CDP-311, or a Denon DCD-600, like that form factor.

Thanks a lot!

MacKat

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #269 of 284
N3 is last minute not sure still.  Keep our fingers crossed.  Sounds like he's uber busy.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back