SAN DIEGO Meet, April 23
Apr 19, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #241 of 284

Quote:
Hey guys, if it's possible I might bring two friends with me who would like to test out some gears (one of them being my ride).

Hi Hammerzeit...  It is probably OK, but if we have more people who are coming who have gear to bring, could they be standby?  We're almost to capacity...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 19, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #242 of 284

Quote:
OK, we're going to host a meet for anyone in So Cal who'd like to spend a Saturday afternoon in downtown San Diego's lovely little Italy.  

EDIT:  IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR EVENT

Location: 1646 Front Street, San Diego, 92101.  The meeting room in on the pool-level, down the main hall on the left.
Parking is in the building, we have a $5 rate.  Let them know you're with Head-fi.

Electrical:  We have extension cords, but it will really help if everyone brings a power strip(s) adequate to your equipment's outlet needs.  They will charge for additional electrial, and I am sure nobody wants me running around with a tin-cup.

Tables: 10 tables and 32 chairs.  A few people aren't bringing gear, a few have small kits, and a few are going to need a fair piece of real-estate so I think this should cover us.  If anyone thinks I'm off my rocker on this, say so.  It's my first meet...  
wink_face.gif

EDIT:  Ultimate Ears has stepped forward to cover the cost of the venue!  Also, they're bringing an audiologist along, and planning a raffle for FIVE EARPHONES!  

The venue fills up with 40 people, and we're going first come first served.  If we hit 40 I will make a backup list.  If I missed your name and you confirmed as definite before we hit 40 I will correct the list, so please check to make sure I have your name.  

Current count is now 36 YES and 4 TENTATIVE.  Tentative will have first right of refusal if list fills up to 38.  

Location: Doubletree Hotel, downtown San Diego, 10AM-3PM (executive decision)

VL (Ultimate Ears), Ryan, Jeanette, audiologist
A selection of IEM's to audition, plus an audiologist!

Jim/Livewire

Compaq laptop w/ foobar 2000 > FLAC > USB

Audinst MX1 DAC/headamp - configured as USB/Toslink converter

Neko D100 Mk2 balanced DAC

Matrix mini-i balanced DAC/headamp

Phillips GoGear MP3 player 

SRM-252II Stax amp

Koss E90 stat amp

KGSSHV balanced stat amp 

Little Dot MKIII amp (modded)

Millett Starving Student Hybrid (MSSH) headamp.

Cans: Stax SR-202, Koss ESP-950, AKG K702, Sennheiser HD555 

Bigrock2150

Custom Woodied t50rp

Techheromods Grado 225i

Matrix Mini I

Macbook Pro

Plenty of Grado Woody cups

studeb

eXStatA amp

EHHA revA amp on a board

AKG sextetts

Stax lambda sigs

HD600

some portable amps

maybe P-3A dac and reel to reel

turimbar1

tf10s, hd555s, and modded t50rp

macbook pro with ~10gb of flac (still trying to rerip my whole library)

digitaldissent

MS2i, laptop with flac audio and my S:flo2

Schiit Valhalla

Anaxilus

Koss ESP950, Hifiman 602 and Arrow amp

Mrspeakers

DAC/Amps:  CEntrance DACPort,  iBasso D12, Burson 160D
Phones: Fostex T50rp (modified), JH16, HD650, Audeze LCD-2
Music:  400GB of lossless and 24/88.2 and 24/96 flac.  Did I say Shpongle is the best band, ever?  
Software:  Pure Music, iTunes
Other:  M2Tech HiFace

mackat

Barney Grado's (if not sold by then)

Sennheiser HD280

Portapro's (Just in case anyone wants to try them)

Sources:  Sansa Clip+ w/µSDHC card and a lot of good music, Possibly iPod nano

Amps:  PA2v2

Fiio E9 and a pair of HD650

Definitely bring barney grado's-

MacBook White 2.2GHz 4GB Ram-52GB's lossless, 3200 songs HQ MP3

brianmendoza

LCD2's, Meier Concerto amp, and hopefully a Meier StageDAC

blackutopia

Audio-Technica AD2000, HD650, and a 2-board Beta22

Mike

gilmai

y1, mini3, dt770-80, Terminator V4, M^3 in progress

ohhgourami

audio-gd NFB-10ES

DT-880 600ohm

HM-602

Ortofon e-Q7

HE6

n3rdling (tentative)

Accuphase DP-75 -> Blue Hawaii -> Stax Omega/Stax Omega2 mk1

I might also bring a Lambda and Sigma, and depending on some other factors I'll think about bringing the HE90

ssavage

FRIEND OF SSAVAGE (NAME PLEASE?)

HD600

hammerzeit

Denon D7000 and an Ibasso D2 Mamba (maybe) to sell

Friend of Hammer1

Friend of Hammer2

Bleho

I'll prob bring my Ultrasone Pro 900s, Fischer Audio FA-003, and HD600s.

I might also bring my Matrix M-Stage and Audinst HUD-MX1.

dannybuoy

1. Media Server with SSD
  2. Violectric V181 with 24Bit USB Module (running balanced amp and want Balanced DAC instead of USB module)
  3. "Full Moon Modded" Audeze LCD-2 (Dynamat Extreme Closed Cup Mod I am playing with) with Norse Audio 8 Wire with Neutrik 4 Pin XLR.
  4. Project TT, Audio Technica 33EV Cart, RSA F-117 Nighthawk Phono Stage (I can bring a dozen of the newly released MoFi vinyl).
  5. Pioneer Elite 47Ai DVD-A, SACD.
Portable:

1. HifiMan 602
  2. IBasso PB2 Toucan Balanced
  3. UE Triple-fi with balanced Null Audio Enya & HiRose

jwahl
Music Fidelity V-DAC -> Firestone Audio Cute Beyond amp with OPA 627 upgrade and Supplier PSU -> Grado SR-225 and AKG K-701

mksuen

SR60i, ATH-M50, T50RP, DT770Pro80, AHD2000
Fiio E7/E9, LittleDot II+, ipod video/touch

misterrogers

'Schiit' down (Asgard, Lyr), DT990/600's and HD600's down.

magedark

iPhone 4 with EQu + 320 mp3's

Homemade standard CMoy

Shure SRH840

Koss PortaPros

Grado SR60

valsic

westone4

longcolt45

LCD-2s w/Norse Audio 8-strand cable, Schiit Lyr and Violectric V181

observer (no gear)

Juman231

cowon J3 and ATH-M50

cp8ir

ocswing

LFF

Amazing music collection!

Tentative

elwappo99

deadneddz

krypticmind and krypticwife

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #246 of 284
First post updated.  Let me know if I have errors.  We are now very close to full, 3 more can confirm.

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #247 of 284
ok, so I am bringing two other people (cousin and brother), wanna get some of those last spots

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #248 of 284
I guess I should call that last spot. Here's what I can bring down.

Equipment:
Audio-gd Reference 1, DSP-5
Audio-gd ROC
IF virtue audio ships today, I can bring a Virtue two.2 + 4 pin xlr to speaker tails

Headphones:
HE-6
LCD-2 (would this be necessary? I may be selling these soon if someone wants to buy them)
D7000 (stock terminated to balanced)
AKG K340 (estats 1/4" trs termination)
AKG K240 Sextetts (MP 4 pin xlr on original cable)
Beyerdynamic DT990 (balanced)

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #249 of 284
We are now at 39, with 2 on wait list.  If anyone cancels, please let me know as a courtesy so we can let anyone on standby know if a space opens up!

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #250 of 284
Maybe this is fate for those who are waiting for a spot,  but I just found out I can't make it. This working full time really cuts into goofing off
rolleyes.gif

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #252 of 284

Quote:
Maybe this is fate for those who are waiting for a spot,  but I just found out I can't make it. This working full time really cuts into goofing off
rolleyes.gif

Bummer, was looking forward to the Valhalla, and to meeting you.  Adjustments for cancellations noted.  For some reason I had BrianMendoza but not Mrcontent on the roster, so we're at 37 confirmed.

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #253 of 284
Ok guys, I'm trying to figure out the dinner situation.  Since we are in the Little Italy area I was hoping for some quality Italian food.  I'm a bit of a Foodie so I came up w/ Baci Ristorante.  It's a bit north of the meet by about 10 minutes but not inconvenient for those like myself headed back north.  It has an impeccable reputation  and looks great.  If somebody knows someplace more democratic pricewise and has great home made pasta or gnocchi to die for closer to the meet feel free to chime in.  I'd like to get a feel for how many would be interested and maybe get reservations at the appropriate spot.  It will be a Saturday so walking in and just grabbing a table for 10-20 plus won't be easy. 

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #254 of 284
There are tons of places of good but not amazing quality within 5-10 min walk of the hotel, with affordable menus.  Just go to India street.  If you're early I wouldn't think you'd need a reservation.  Most places only serve wine, though...

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #255 of 284
I'm not sure if I'll be staying much longer after the meet. Not sure at this point, but I'm not a fan of the drive between OC and SD. Also I'll have another head-fi member with me. It's a nice idea though, so we'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back