SAN DIEGO Meet, April 23
Apr 16, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #211 of 284
Today I picked up some most excellent Koss stats. New, $150 off list.
At the moment, I'm rolling my own Stax adapter cable for them.
They should absolutely rock on the KGSSHV!
See y'all in a week!

Apr 16, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #212 of 284

Quote:
Today I picked up some most excellent Koss stats. New, $150 off list.
At the moment, I'm rolling my own Stax adapter cable for them.
They should absolutely rock on the KGSSHV!
See y'all in a week!

Hey!!  Thing you could make another?  I'll pay you in SD if you like.  Shoot me a PM for how much you want.  You using the extension cable?

So what do you think of the 950 so far?  Not too shabby right?  
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #213 of 284

Quote:
Hey!!  Thing you could make another?  I'll pay you in SD if you like.  Shoot me a PM for how much you want.  You using the extension cable?

So what do you think of the 950 so far?  Not too shabby right?  
wink.gif

Yes I'm hacking the extension cable to solder on an Amphenol mil-spec connector.
(same as Stax, but with a chromed metal shell)  Got it from Newark for $23 w/o shipping.
Sorry, cant fab any more at the moment until i can find some more of the Koss female connectors. 

Dayum these stats sound great! At the moment I'm using the cheapo E90 amp that they came with.
The KGSSHV has gobs more power. It over-drives my SR-202s.
They distort if I push it past 12 o'clock. (half volume)
basshead.gif

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #215 of 284
Hey this is a dumb question but can I get the exact address? Also is there like a specific room or something? Lol, pardon my noobness

Apr 17, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #216 of 284
1646 Front Street, it's immediately on your right when you take the Front Street exit on 5 South.

The meeting rooms are all on the pool level, this is down the hall on the left. Easy to find.

Parking is $5, just tell the attendant you are with the head fi group...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 17, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #218 of 284
ok, sorry to disappoint (if you were looking forward to it):

no NFB12, it will not ship until next month (of course that is what they said last month)

also Ohhragami has the HE6, not me lol

so I will be unamped and un-DACed, I can bring my comp as a source if someone has multiple dacs or amps but only one comp. I am disappointed, I thought I would have a rig ready to go, but nope.

Apr 17, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #220 of 284

Quote:
Hi Turimbar,

I have an iBasso D12 you could use for the event...

Awesome! Thanks so much, idk whether they will be able to drive the t50rp but they should work great with all of my other equipment.

Oh and I am bringing the monster turbine (chrome) iems as well, they will be for sale.

Apr 17, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #221 of 284
The D12 works great with the T50 as long as you're not totally looking to crank up the volume to absurd levels.  I actually use that combo as my office rig.  It plays as loud as I want without clipping, ever, but I know their are some who like it LOUD.   This combo won't be for them.

basshead.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #222 of 284
mmm too bad, I was hoping try the NFB-12.

one more week!!!   so exciting!  Hope you don't mind me bring a guest who just wants to try out some gear.

Apr 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #224 of 284
Hello everyone,

Is there still room for people at this meetup? I'm really new to head-fi and researching my first purchase. It'd be cool to be able to try out some set-ups before I actually spend any money. Unfortunately I don't have anything to contribute. Also, I'd be coming from Anaheim so I can carpool or drive others as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back