SAN DIEGO Meet, April 23
Mar 11, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #62 of 284
Quick question.  Will there be internet at the venue?

And do people normally share music with each other at meets?

Mar 11, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #63 of 284

Quote:
Well, I will have the LCD-2's to compare to the 'stats if n3rdling is able to make it.  Sure hope so!

Honestly, the LCD-2's can't hold a candle to the Stats N3rdling has, there's no comparison really. Especially if he brings his he-90, complete show stopper. There's a pretty hefty price difference so it makes since why they're king of the castle. 

It would be nice to see both an LCD-2 and an HE-6 so people can compare. With my brief listening I found the HE-6 to be the clear victor. It was more transparent and realistic sounding. To be fair, the LCD-2 has more bass.

I'd like to see an Akg K1000 at the meet, I love that headphone!

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #64 of 284
Well, we'll see.  That's the point!  :)

I used to have Stax 'phones, but it was a *long* time ago, so I'm sure the sound has evolved massively...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 14, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #66 of 284
Might be too early to tell and I don't want to raise hope unnecessarily, but there might be an HE-6 at this meet
wink_face.gif
  hehehehe

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #67 of 284
just ordered an audio-gd nfb 12, hopefully it will arrive by the meet date, but I won't hold my breath.

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #68 of 284

Quote:
just ordered an audio-gd nfb 12, hopefully it will arrive by the meet date, but I won't hold my breath.

I like your sig.  
beerchug.gif

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #69 of 284

Quote:
I like your sig.  
beerchug.gif

Thank you! I approached headphones warily, my purchases were made only because they were on sale for well below their normal price, or were worth the investment (according to many, many reviews), my expense account is an attempt to quantify my journey.  Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #71 of 284
It could not drive the t50rps very well, it was heavenly on my hd555s but it did not have the current for the orthos, also, I am on a tight budget, so when I ordered the nfb 12, I returned the udac2. Cant afford to have multiple hundred dollar sources laying around. I figure the nfb 12s are a good investment because they should be able to drive just about anything I can afford to throw at them, and they are on promo, so I wont be able to find another deal like that. Hopefully it will be my last source/amp purchase for a very very long time.

Edit: Maybe we should do a blind t50rp test, just to compare mods, much of the discussion in the standard mod section is conflicting, so I think it would be good to have some sort of blind, direct comparison in an attempt to objectively decide what the best mods are. just a thought

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #72 of 284
Ditto on the T50RP's.
Mine are stock and sound like crap.
Gonna just bring them for a reference point device. <crap>
I'm only amping them with a LD MKIII, so that might factor in.
FWIW, my 702's sound ok with this amp, although i'm wishing that I didnt sell my Matrix M-Stage amp.

FWIW, my Lenovo server wont be coming to the meet.
It arrived here with a broken screen.
Big hassle returning the SOB.
I'm done with Lenovo mail-order.

I'll be using my Audinst MX1 as a USB / Toslink optical converter.

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #73 of 284
I think I'm done with Fostex too.
If anybody is interested, $75 straight up, brand new. (almost- listened to once)

From here on out it's only stats for me. I'll only be keeping my K702's & HD555's for reference dynamics.

Mar 15, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #75 of 284

Quote:
I think I'm done with Fostex too.
If anybody is interested, $75 straight up, brand new. (almost- listened to once)

From here on out it's only stats for me. I'll only be keeping my K702's & HD555's for reference dynamics.

I might be interested...if you still have them by the time of the meet, maybe I will buy from you.  No guarantees

Users who are viewing this thread

Back