SAN DIEGO Meet, April 23
Feb 18, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #31 of 284
I may be able to attend!

I can bring my LCD2's, Meier Concerto amp, and hopefully a Meier StageDAC by then...

I don't want to sound like a jerk by saying this, but I'd rather not bring my LCD2's if not necessary (since there's going to be a set already). Not that I don't trust people using them! I just have hardly even taken them out of even the home at all (it's more of a paranoia thing).

But I think it would be great for people to try the LCD-2+Concerto combo, it's wonderful! So I wouldn't mind bringing that along, and HOPEFULLY the Meier StageDAC if I can find one selling in the meantime.

(I just sold my RS1 Classics and NFB12 to fund for it 
frown.gif
)

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #32 of 284
Another addition and more posted nice gear...

We're about maxed out, I think, for the space I can get for free and the numbers my company will allow.  More people are welcome, but at that point we may want to see about getting a cheap deal on a meeting room at a hotel, there are plenty in the area that will cut a great deal on a Saturday as nobody uses them.

Should we consider that option or keep it at this size?  I'd guess it'd be about $20 each, and we could maybe get the Torey Pines Hilton, which has killer ocean views.

Time to go to work, talk to you this weekend.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 18, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #34 of 284
Can't wait to see the Barney Grados and on a lesser note hear the Little Dot MKIII

I could chip in a few bucks if need be

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #36 of 284
MAN, I just read up on the SF meet, and if N3rlding is really going to be attending the San Diego meet, we're all going to be blown away...

I've never seen anyone with gear like that...

(Senn Orpheus (both HE90 & HE60), Sony R10, Stax Omega (non 02!), Stax Omega mk1, LCD-2, etc)

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #37 of 284
Wow I definitely want to go to this!
Hopefully I don't have any midterms I needa study for that weekend X_X

Feb 22, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #38 of 284
A few more plus some maybes, the group is getting too large for the facility I have for free.  Anyone who has a problem with my looking for a budget facility and have everyone contribute a bit, speak now or hold your peace.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #39 of 284

Quote:
A few more plus some maybes, the group is getting too large for the facility I have for free.  Anyone who has a problem with my looking for a budget facility and have everyone contribute a bit, speak now or hold your peace.  

Well, I like free!  But willing to chip in if needed.  I just don't want to plan/pay for a group that might shrink down to a more manageable size by the time the meet rolls around.  I guess I just want to make sure we aren't planning around flakers to put it as nicely as I can.  
tongue_smile.gif
  Not sure about using a word like 'deposit' at this stage of the game.  Perhaps make the list as certain, probable, possible so we can get a clearer picture?

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #40 of 284
Flakers?
Dont want no stinking flakers!
Barring a death in the family, including my own, I'll be there.
I for one would gladly pay in advance to lock in a reservation on a table.
And if for whatever reason I dont show, please keep my deposit.
(FWIW, I cant do this before April 23, I need to lock in my vacation days.)

I guess we need to firm things up now.

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #41 of 284
We are go for the 23rd, for sure.  We're at the limit of our available space, more definitely will require another location.  We have two conference rooms, one small, one medium, and a lobby with a coffee table.  

I was thinking 9 or 10-2 would be good timing.  The place can get warm on weekends...  I will check alternate venues this weekend.  There's a doubletree downtown with a great pool patio outside the conference rooms, and I can get a super rate when they're available...

Feb 23, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #42 of 284
cool cool, I am down with whatever arrangement, 20$ is a fine price, but I cannot afford much more than that (though that wont stop me from paying it if i have to 
o2smile.gif
)

Maybe we could go out for drinks afterwards if anyone is down (downtown is a good place for that). Maybe a good irish pub, I love me some guinness 
beerchug.gif

edit: I'm pretty sure we would go full commie and have everyone share the price, thus keeping the cost to each individual much lower, but I am not the one organizing it so I don't really know for sure.

Feb 23, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #43 of 284
Let me get this straight: if you do get a better venue, who is paying?  The people displaying, attending, or just everyone?

Either way, I'm still probably down to come down to check things out.  If only someone had a pair of HE-6 for me to audition...
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #44 of 284
I would suggest everyone equally. Me included.

If it's a problem for anyone we can just cap the group where we are, I am neutral on this except not to wear out the welcome at the office....

Feb 23, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #45 of 284

Quote:
I would suggest everyone equally. Me included.

If it's a problem for anyone we can just cap the group where we are, I am neutral on this except not to wear out the welcome at the office....

You could have people vote on their posts and just tally like we did for Joker's customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back