San Diego Meet; Any Interest?
Feb 3, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #16 of 33
Feb 26 or March 12?  

By March I should have my LCD-2's, 2/26 is questionable given the delivery lagtimes from Audeze...  If anyone care to hear these it may be worth waiting until the March date...

Regards,

Dan

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 5, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #21 of 33
Personal preference only.

Prefer February 26th.

Note to mrspeakers, I see you have the Burson 160D and the DacPort.  Am considering the DacMini and Burson160D as a potential DAC AMP setup as well.  Would love to give it a go if we can get this date set!

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #22 of 33
My understanding is the DACMini is IC-based, and has some upgrades from the DACPort.  The Burson is just, well, you'll have to see.  I hope there are a few good Dacs and Amps in the group, like some Schitt gear, or some nice tube stuff.

Any other date comments?  I'll nail my schedule down soon and make a final two dates/times for everyone to provide input on.

My other thought, looking at threads, is when we pick a date we'll start a new thread with the date as a title.  

Dan

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #24 of 33
I can't attend until April. Am starting a new job tomorrow at an accounting firm. It's tax season and will be crazy through April 15. I'll be there at least 55 hours a week, probably longer. So I don't think I'll be able to get away in March. Any time after that, though, and I'll be there.

Feb 6, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #25 of 33
I would be willing to drive down from LA for this, I haven't been to a meet except for when Can Jam was in LA. I would prefer the March 12th date, Sat/Sun.

I don't have much, just a AKG K702 and Grado HF2s, some entry level Grados/Beyerdynamics, and the AMB mini3 amp and y1 dac... however if I can fix my MiniMAX tube amp I'll certainly bring that along.

Feb 13, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #27 of 33
Sorry for the delay, but would April work for most of you so I can post a date? Wife wants vacation in March...

Her priorities are all wrong, but what can you do? :wink:

Feb 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #29 of 33
I am cool with April, gotta keep the wife happy so when you get back from the meet you can say "Sweetie I need a ....."

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #30 of 33
Make it late April, please? I'm pinned down through April 15 at work. After that, I'll go to a normal work schedule and be able to slip off for a weekend in San Diego.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back