San Diego Head-Fi Meetup (August 27, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #17 of 61
I’d like to hear their Loki or lokius.

Jul 29, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #18 of 61
Aug 3, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #19 of 61
I've decided to keep things simple.

I'll be showing up with a Schiit Gungnir MB/Lyr 3 combo and a modded Fostex TR-X00 Mahogany and a Sennheiser HD 600 (new version) to demo.

And just for fun, I'll be giving away a like-new NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety amp to one lucky winner! :beyersmile:

Aug 3, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #20 of 61

I'll be showing up with a Schiit Gungnir MB/Lyr 3 combo and a modded Fostex TR-X00 Mahogany and a Sennheiser HD 600 (new version) to demo.

And just for fun, I'll be giving away a like-new NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety amp to one lucky winner! :beyersmile:
Excited to try that Lyr 3 setup!

Aug 3, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #21 of 61

Nice! I hope to be lucky :).

I’m completing my DIY aegis amp this month, and I only have room on my stack for one amp, so that means I’m either bringing the aegis or bigger Ben. Sounds like a caldera is already going to be there, so perhaps an eikon and hd650. I’ll probably also bring a dap and some iems.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #23 of 61
I may be able to come- though I have mostly budget gear...my XB500s hit pretty hard with some EQ and an amp on my Linux setup if anyone's into the basshead thing. Also have some Newbsound custom earbuds if anyone wants to try - collection and most of my sources in my profile - also have a Denafrips Ares II that does duty in my 2 channel home stereo setup but could potentially bring if anyone wanted to try ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #24 of 61
Hi everyone, just re-confirmed everything with the North University Community Library and we are still good to go from 1-4pm this upcoming Sunday (Aug 27th).

That said, I had to make an urgent trip to New Jersey for a family related matter and it looks unlikely that I'll be able to make it. I called the library and made sure that anyone from the Head-Fi meetup party will be able to get access to the meeting room as soon as the library opens at 1pm. Very sorry that I can't make this, but hope that it's a fun time regardless!

One important thing to note - please bring whatever power strips and heavy duty 3-prong extension cords you can to share power with the tables since the power outlets are on the walls.

I hope you all have a great time and please share pictures!! :)

Aug 22, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #25 of 61
Hi everyone, just re-confirmed everything with the North University Community Library and we are still good to go from 1-4pm this upcoming Sunday (Aug 27th).

That said, I had to make an urgent trip to New Jersey for a family related matter and it looks unlikely that I'll be able to make it. I called the library and made sure that anyone from the Head-Fi meetup party will be able to get access to the meeting room as soon as the library opens at 1pm. Very sorry that I can't make this, but hope that it's a fun time regardless!

One important thing to note - please bring whatever power strips and heavy duty 3-prong extension cords you can to share power with the tables since the power outlets are on the walls.

Sorry to hear you won't make it after setting this all up - just means we'll have to do it again soon so you can attend! :) Will be sure to take pictures and share!

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #26 of 61
I agree! All the work and none of the reward? Seems unfair! We will do another.

And I’m bringing a lot of stuff. :)

Aug 22, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #27 of 61

Thank you both for your kind words :) We totally will have to have another one!

Also - if anyone would be willing to show up at 1pm to open the meeting room and help set up tables/chairs, that would be very appreciated too!

Aug 22, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #28 of 61
Hi everyone, just re-confirmed everything with the North University Community Library and we are still good to go from 1-4pm this upcoming Sunday (Aug 27th)
Sorry you cannot make it. I cannot go too because the end of the month is usually the time where I have to bill quite a bit and this month is no exception. I was planning to bring either my HE6 4S setup (BF2, Bryston 3BST) or my Utopia setup (BF2, Liquid Gold OG*). Maybe next time, hopefully same venue and towards the beginning of the month.

*with the right tubes, I rate the Liquid Glass over the Liquid Gold for the Utopia.

Aug 22, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #29 of 61
Sorry you cannot make it. I cannot go too because the end of the month is usually the time where I have to bill quite a bit and this month is no exception. I was planning to bring either my HE6 4S setup (BF2, Bryston 3BST) or my Utopia setup (BF2, Liquid Gold OG*). Maybe next time, hopefully same venue and towards the beginning of the month.

*with the right tubes, I rate the Liquid Glass over the Liquid Gold for the Utopia.
Bah! It's a sunday :). What other opportunity is there going to be to hear the Caldera or other ZMF on the bigger ben?

Aug 23, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #30 of 61
Thank you both for your kind words :) We totally will have to have another one!

Also - if anyone would be willing to show up at 1pm to open the meeting room and help set up tables/chairs, that would be very appreciated too!

I volunteer to show up early and get everything rolling.

Feel free to PM me with any other details.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back