San Diego Head-Fi Meetup (August 27, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2023 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

Pentagonal

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody,

I'm happy to share that our San Diego Head-Fi Meetup is officially scheduled!

Update 22 Aug 2023: Almost time! Please bring whatever power strips and heavy duty 3-prong extension cords you can to share power with the tables since the power outlets are on the walls. I unfortunately can't make it, but if you are able to help set up at 1pm that would be well appreciated! Enjoy :)

When?
Sunday, August 27, 2023 from 1-4pm
(The room reservation starts at 1pm, feel free to help set up tables and chairs at that time, or come by a bit later when the party's started)

Where?
North University Community Library (La Jolla / UTC / UCSD area)
https://goo.gl/maps/pWQCkXVfjbhVX7fy8
8820 Judicial Dr, San Diego, CA 92122

More Event Info:
There is plenty of free parking at the library as it's inside a nice, large park. Once you get to the library's main entrance, walk inside and turn right. We will be through the double doors in the community room.

Since it's a library, alcoholic beverages, food, and uncovered drinks are not allowed. Probably not a bad idea since we're near electronics, anyways. Also, no money or gear is allowed to change hands inside the library due to their policy, but I suppose you could step outside if you like to do that.

Equipment:
Please feel free to bring your own equipment to share. I'm planning to bring my set of Meze Elites and Chord Mojo 2 playing PGGB processed tracks. Even if you don't have anything to share, you're more than welcome to come by and check out some cool gear!

If there are any new developments, I'll post more here.

Thank you and hope to see you there! :dt880smile:

Eugene

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 61
Thanks so much for coordinating the meet up! Looking forward to talking about all things audiophile and maybe demoing some new things! I'll be bringing the few iems I own as well as a couple portable amps.

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #3 of 61
I'll be there! :L3000:

I have enough gear to put together 2 or 3 SchiitStacks, from entry-level to pretty good.

It'll be fun to go from "Good" to "Better" to "Best", either with the few headphones I bring, or with your BYO headphone of choice.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #4 of 61
I’ll be bringing:

ZMF Caldera
Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition

Really looking forward to trying the Meze Elite. Only heard for a few minutes on a portable amp. Almost pulled the trigger on these instead of the Caldera.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 61
And here I thought we were meeting @dandiego

:smirk:

Jul 7, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 61
I'll be there, start making your requests from my gear list below :). I'll probably need to coordinate with someone to make sure I have the proper cables to get things going with whatever portable sources we'll have.

Jul 7, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 61
I'd definitely like to demo the ZMF headphones and the moonlight if it's working

Jul 7, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #8 of 61
I'd definitely like to demo the ZMF headphones and the moonlight if it's working
No worries, and it's working fine :). I haven't been to a local meet, only canjams, so I think one thing to bring might be extra tips for the iems.

Jul 7, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #9 of 61
I'm planning on bringing plenty of tips of varying sizes and some alcohol swabs for disinfecting

Jul 7, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #10 of 61
Jul 11, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #14 of 61
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #15 of 61
Nice location. My place is across the street from the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back