Samsung YJ-H70
Oct 1, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #46 of 67
That is awesome! The YH-J50 hasn't even been released on the most part.

It's just a YH-J70 with a Mini-HDD I believe.

What isp are you with
eek.gif
?

Oct 2, 2005 at 12:38 PM Post #49 of 67
Anyone tried pluging in a mic to the line in to see if it works - maybe something like the sony mic with built in battery to boost signel?

Oct 2, 2005 at 12:52 PM Post #50 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
i think this is the only unit i've come across that can be charged by a computer's usb port and play at the same time. most players can only be charged and act as a portable hard disk at the same time, and the unit cannot be operated. the yh-j70 allows me to use the unit while it is being charged by the computer's usb, which is quite useful to me as i don't always use it as a portable hard disk.

iPod can do that, as can the old Archos Jukeboxes.

Oct 7, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #51 of 67
Still can't find one anywhere in Houston, much less a US website.

It has fortunately been pulled from Samsung's online store which had it "in-stock" for so long
frown.gif

I e-mailed the rep today and told her that if there was no release date, then cancel my order.

Looks like Zen Micro Photo for me when it comes out soon.

Dec 16, 2005 at 10:29 AM Post #52 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
it does have exact resume. it will resume from the point where you last stopped. i don't think bookmarks can be set. you can hear something when fast forwarding mp3 files, not ogg. no beeps.

Button clicks a la iPod can be turned on/off.
There is a feature in the included app which scans and indexes all the tags in the player and saves the index to player. Then can surf by Genre,Artist etcetc.

Can play all of certain Genre, certain artiste, particular album whatever..

Dec 16, 2005 at 10:42 AM Post #53 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerMouse
Button clicks a la iPod can be turned on/off.
There is a feature in the included app which scans and indexes all the tags in the player and saves the index to player. Then can surf by Genre,Artist etcetc.

Can play all of certain Genre, certain artiste, particular album whatever..

Decided on this one after lots of listening and reading.. so far so good.. been through about 2 weeks daily playing at work.. my ATH-M30s (100Ohm??) are a bit heavy to drive on some portables but fairly easy with the YH-J70SB, enough to not to want to carry the amp around..

Will test batterylife with the M30's next few days.. I look like adork in public with the M30s but hey.. walking around in my own private music cocoon i dont really care :p

Side Note:
Cost was SGD465 at Dynasty@SLSq in Singapore.
Got the ATH-M30s a while back for just SGD60 at Hung Bros also at @SLSq.

Both will know me now as a PITA. (Pain in the...) for standing around for aaages listening to their gear for free. Well at least I spend a dollar or two when I like what I hear, they are both cheeep and friendly..

Dec 16, 2005 at 11:13 PM Post #54 of 67
Have been playin 320kbit/s 9+1/2 hrs driving the ATH-M30s at volume setting of 22 (about 1/3rd).... down to 1 out of 4 bars... probably get more if i use smaller cans and if go lower bitrate....

Dec 17, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #55 of 67
Damn, such a nice DAP. It was selling for $250 CAD (around $215 USD) at Costco a few months ago (I think), but I didn't jump on it, due to a lack of reviews of the unit. Ah well, I'm happy with my ZM on the most part.

Dec 17, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #56 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
Damn, such a nice DAP. It was selling for $250 CAD (around $215 USD) at Costco a few months ago (I think), but I didn't jump on it, due to a lack of reviews of the unit. Ah well, I'm happy with my ZM on the most part.

it was onsale at a costco in canada? dammit. i cant believe its not in the states yet. $215 is really cheap, especially for all the features it offers. oh well, guess ill just stick with my x5 for now.

Jan 17, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #59 of 67
reply to DigDub #43

I am a newbie on here....thanks for all your posts....it was by reading these that I went straihgt out and bought the YH-J70....a very pretty looking unit in the flesh.

DigDub....how did you get the ID3 tag info displayed. My new unit appears to already have firmware 1.07 on it but I only get the equaliser on the display.

Anyone have any info about when we may get the option to display the album art?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back