Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality
Sep 28, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #331 of 452
Believe it or not for this purpose ive always used Poweramp but it just doesn't cut it so ive gone through various players and easily UAPP is the best sounds much more punchy and rich/dynamic.

Sep 29, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #332 of 452
I have been using UAPP and it does everything I want it to do. I am very pleased with it.

Oct 1, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #333 of 452
Do you need to root this device to get the most out of it? In particular when plugging into a car either through USB or Headphone jack since that is where it will get most of its work.

I picked up the Active variant~ Which for all intents should be the same as the other S8's.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #336 of 452
Has anybody tried the S8/S8+ with Neutron Audio Player?

I have used Neutron on the original Galaxy S, the S4 and S6 and not felt the need to use any other app.

I am weighing up whether to get Galaxy S8+, a Note 8 or the LG V30 as I am after the holy grail of the best camera and audio and I can get

I have owned the SGS8+ and presently own the SG Note 8. The major difference is obviously the S-pen. I would think if your prioritise are sound quality via head phones then the LG V30 would be maybe more to your liking? I understand the LG V30 also has a top quality camera as does the Note 8.

Ryland

Oct 5, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #338 of 452
The note 8 has much nicer sq than the s8 .I hate my s8 plus sound quality is dull and lifeless
Snapdragon or Exynos? Cause my Exynos S8 Plus sounds great.

Oct 6, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #342 of 452
The note 8 has much nicer sq than the s8 .I hate my s8 plus sound quality is dull and lifeless

That's odd? The SGS8+ shares the same DAC and amp as the Note 8 that being a Cirrus logic(Wolfson) CS47L92 in the Exynos variant.
In the SD variant things are not so good as the DAC etc is part of the Qualcomm WCD9341 Aqsic audio codec so no separate DAC.

I owned the SGS8+ and now own the Note 8. Both produced a very nice sound stage via headphone socket but obviously had limitations due to amplification. Neither mobile will have the chops to push full audiophile head sets but will play well with in IEM's.

I had the choice of buying either a dedicated DAP or a DAC-AMP only add on. I thought I would again try the Pioneer DAP as the alternative, the Oppo HA2SE, was 80.00€ more expensive. My pioneer has yet to arrive so I am unable to say if I will be keeping it this time. Last year I paid over 510.00€ for the Pioneer and have just paid over 310.00€. At last years price I could not justify that cost per sound stage upgrade. I hope I can at the much reduced price. Yes I actually do think price per sound stage upgrade is a sincere consideration.

Nice to debate with you.

Ryland

Oct 7, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #345 of 452
You are running £3k cans through a smart phone? Again odd as the Focals need a very good source.

Ryland.

Focals aren't really super power hungry IMO. I was able to run the Elear through my iPhone using the lighting adapter alone. I do think my S8 could benefit from a Dragonfly or the like though. The new Clear has a mobile cable included and is only 55ohms compared to 80 on the Elear and Utopia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back