Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality
Apr 20, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #124 of 452
You need to know you can only a just coloour balance in adaptive  mode.and turning the red off removes some of the red tint but not all.and it ls still there.also you would have to use adaptive all the time.it's a fault I posted links showing its a known issue with s8.I can't evwn replace mine as the phone won't be in stockfor 10 days .but I'll try and get a good one hopefully they will let me open 5 or 6 units in the carphone wharehouse  where I preorderd

Apr 20, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #125 of 452
Thats disappointing then especially if they are out of stock.

I'm going to wait a month or so before I purchase them. I don't like the fingerprint scanner location and I'm going to wait for best buy to have the unlocked version for sale.

Apr 20, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #127 of 452
Thats disappointing then especially if they are out of stock.

I'm going to wait a month or so before I purchase them. I don't like the fingerprint scanner location and I'm going to wait for best buy to have the unlocked version for sale.

So mine 8s unlocked.I just went to to store and 1 person was reciview his s8 and I looked as his screen it was bad aswell

Apr 20, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #128 of 452
There is no issue with any of the screens, Its a colour match from the home wallpaper. Its blends slightly. Download the Samsung Music app. Play some music. The outer edge glows dependant on the colour of the artwork.

Apr 20, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #130 of 452
It only has Aptx, not the HD version
https://www.aptx.com/products/samsung-galaxy-s8-smartphone-0

These are the currently confirmed Aptx HD phones:
https://www.aptx.com/products?field_product_category_tid=126&field_aptx_type_tid=483

Thanks, I had seen this page a year ago, just hoping that whoever mentioned it on their video was correct. Sometimes the listing is not fully up to date and as the S8 hadn't gone on official sale, it wouldn't surprise me to see it not on the list.

I have the exynos and all it has is an upscaler setting in the Samsung Music app (you have to download this from Samsung apps).

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #132 of 452
Wow your look bad and pink aswell.not good

Photos taken in conservatory with orange walls so may show some reflective colour, but to the eye they look pure white/grey. Cant say I notice any pink as such. Maybe peoples eyes see things slightly different too. Found nothing of concern for me yet.

Sound quality is best ive heard but not used at LG or HTC. Very close quality to my X5III and noticeably better than the S7.

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #133 of 452
Photos taken in conservatory with orange walls so may show some reflective colour, but to the eye they look pure white/grey. Cant say I notice any pink as such. Maybe peoples eyes see things slightly different too. Found nothing of concern for me yet.

Sound quality is best ive heard but not used at LG or HTC. Very close quality to my X5III and noticeably better than the S7.

Do you have any other screens to compare it to? I have a S8 coming in today. Going to load up the same image on my MacBook, Galaxy S6 and the S8. Hopefully there's a good outcome.

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #134 of 452
Do you have any other screens to compare it to? I have a S8 coming in today. Going to load up the same image on my MacBook, Galaxy S6 and the S8. Hopefully there's a good outcome.

If you look at the S8's at 90deg then there is no pink hue but if you look at an angle there is a slight pink hue more noticeable on the edges. Nothing thats a deal breaker for me, and may reduce over time as wasn't this a concern on previous S6/S7 where stated manufacturing gas/fluid would air-off?

My S7 has no pink hue by comparrison.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #135 of 452
Despite reports of the audio being nothing special, I still pre-ordered the US S8 variant (Verizon) and will receive it tomorrow. It's just too good of a phone to pass up solely based on headphone output. I have plenty of other devices that can make up for it. Will report back soon. 

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back