Samsung S10
Feb 22, 2019 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 270

psikey

Headphoneus Supremus
Lets post info here (not seen another thread yet)

I have a corporate account and look after company phones and have pre-ordered:

S10e in Black
S10 128GB in Green
S10+ 512GB Ceramic Black (likely one I will use/keep)

Been a while since I've used a Samsung as I stick with the LG V30+ for its wired sound quality but now fancy a change and I get great audio via my Fiio BTR3 LDAC Bluetooth adapter with my SE846's so will use that if the built-in audio is not up to scratch. Not sure if UK gets Snapdragon or Exynos.

Will post info soon as I get them and compare. Supposedly still getting them 8th March unless EE cock something up.

One review https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-s10-s10-s10e but still evaluating sound quality.

Audio Spec (No MQA but Tidal App supports anyway)

Ultra high quality audio playback
UHQ 32-bit & DSD64/128 support
PCM: Up to 32 bits, DSD: DSD64/128
  • *DSD64 and DSD128 playback can be limited depending on the file format.
Audio playback format
MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, APE, DSF, DFF

Bluetooth

Dual Audio: connect two Bluetooth devices to the Galaxy S10e, S10, or S10+ to play audio through the two devices simultaneously.

*The two connected devices may exhibit a slight difference in sound output.

::SLIGHT UPDATE::

Found out UK is getting Exynos as normal.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 270
You forgot to mention the S10+ variant for various markets with 1024 GB and 12 GB RAM. Add their biggest micro SD card and you have 1.5 TB inside your phone.

??

I didn't mention the range ! I just listed the ones I've ordered :)

The Title is for all S10 variants (S10e,S10,S10+)

Feb 28, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #5 of 270
I preorder this. Will get it on 6 Mar

Feb 28, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #9 of 270
Your preorder is for the Exynos model? Looking forward to your listening impressions, especially in comparison to Vivo Nex S :)

Yes mine is exynos S10+ 128 gb. I got a promotion. very reasonable shocking price. xD I didn't expect much on sound output from 3.5mm but we will see.

Feb 28, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #10 of 270
Extract from GSM Arena on S10+ (Exynos unit) audio quality:

"Audio quality
The Samsung Galaxy S10+ is an extraordinary phone when it comes to audio reproduction. Its clarity was perfect with an active external amplifier and plugging in headphones had no impact whatsoever - a truly rare feat.

Volume levels were impressive too - the Galaxy S10+ was among the loudest phones we've heard in both parts of the test. Even the most demanding audiophiles with super high-impedance headphones will have a hard time finding something wrong with the Samsung Galaxy S10+'s audio output."

Personally, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. GSMArena' s review for the Nex S received less praise than the S10+; yet, I find Nex S to be the best audiophile smartphone (even preferring it over LG V35, LG V40). Keen to know the listening impressions for S10+....

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #11 of 270
Extract from GSM Arena on S10+ (Exynos unit) audio quality:

"Audio quality
The Samsung Galaxy S10+ is an extraordinary phone when it comes to audio reproduction. Its clarity was perfect with an active external amplifier and plugging in headphones had no impact whatsoever - a truly rare feat.

Volume levels were impressive too - the Galaxy S10+ was among the loudest phones we've heard in both parts of the test. Even the most demanding audiophiles with super high-impedance headphones will have a hard time finding something wrong with the Samsung Galaxy S10+'s audio output."

Personally, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. GSMArena' s review for the Nex S received less praise than the S10+; yet, I find Nex S to be the best audiophile smartphone (even preferring it over LG V35, LG V40). Keen to know the listening impressions for S10+....

Very interesting claim

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #13 of 270
t0WM2v.jpg

I have never heard about that audio chip(??) name...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back