Samsung P3 Any good?
Feb 11, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #3 of 30
i have been using my phone as my daily MP3 player(Touch Pro 2)

and has just bought the P3 on sale today at my local frys for 100 bucks and omg i was instantly blown away....the bass from my RE0's came to life and the soundstage seemed even more impressive.

it was like my phone was just bloating everything and neglecting the bass giving it a feel of say crackling but when i turn the volume all the way up on the P3 everything seems to be balanced and smooth

Feb 11, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by StereoIntegrity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have been using my phone as my daily MP3 player(Touch Pro 2)

and has just bought the P3 on sale today at my local frys for 100 bucks and omg i was instantly blown away....the bass from my RE0's came to life and the soundstage seemed even more impressive.

it was like my phone was just bloating everything and neglecting the bass giving it a feel of say crackling but when i turn the volume all the way up on the P3 everything seems to be balanced and smooth

Which one did you get? The 8GB? When you are talking about the SQ, are you using flat or EQ? I don't know much about the player, but I think they have a 7 band EQ right? I am need of another player...my Walkman is full and I get tired of swapping music off of it, so I am in the market. Can you share some more thoughts?

BTW, congrats on your purchase.

Feb 11, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which one did you get? The 8GB? When you are talking about the SQ, are you using flat or EQ? I don't know much about the player, but I think they have a 7 band EQ right? I am need of another player...my Walkman is full and I get tired of swapping music off of it, so I am in the market. Can you share some more thoughts?

BTW, congrats on your purchase.

hey man the eq on this thing is really insane....you can change every aspect in so many ways....it has a 7 band EQ that i leave on flat and you can adust the bass boost to set without even touching the bass...and it doesnt over power or make my re0's muddy or bloated....seriously this thing is underrated and has to be one of the best sounding mp3 players ive ever used

Feb 11, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #7 of 30
Ok the two Koreans, also quite interesting enough Samsung make the AMOLED screen for the S9 Cowon, but serious out of these two for SQ, which would be your pick.

I will admit tho Samsung make some brilliant products. Take a look at their LED Tv's for eg.

Feb 11, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagojammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where is the p4, p3 is pretty old now isnt it?

Yep. It's been out for a year. They really decided to not market it to the U.S. though. Can't imagine why if they had a real winner on their hands. Seems like a bit of an oversight to me.

Feb 11, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Albinoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok the two Koreans, also quite interesting enough Samsung make the AMOLED screen for the S9 Cowon, but serious out of these two for SQ, which would be your pick.

I will admit tho Samsung make some brilliant products. Take a look at their LED Tv's for eg.

i havent used the s9 but i did tinker with the x1050 for a day and its safe to say by me that P3 puts out just as good a signal and quality sound...dont quote me on it but IMO they are both dead on with the bass to me being a lil more crisp...i swore my RE0 could not produce the bass they are with out blowing or getting super muddy and distorting
out the rest of the spectrum..

the thing looks clean and sounds clean....the screen is pretty and its an overall an amazing player....

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #12 of 30
Instead of the P"4" the new Samsung M1's are out in Korea for sale. It hasn't been released anywhere else because... they just want their most up to date technology kept to themselves, just like their Anycall and CYON phones from Samsung and LG respectively. The M1 has improved 100fold from the P3, but that can just be my bias. It's much better than the Cowon S9 in my opinion.

Feb 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by StereoIntegrity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the P3 on sale today at my local frys for 100 bucks

i knew about the p2 when the cowon d2 was out last year

i checked a few days ago and bang!
the p3 has been out!

i was going to grab it when my d2 died but my d2 is going quite strong. i may even have to wait for the "p4"
duggehsmile.png

really? p3 for a 100 bucks?

Feb 12, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by cRodz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i knew about the p2 when the cowon d2 was out last year

i checked a few days ago and bang!
the p3 has been out!

i was going to grab it when my d2 died but my d2 is going quite strong. i may even have to wait for the "p4"
duggehsmile.png

really? p3 for a 100 bucks?

it was an open box for 100 but over the weeked they went down from 150 to 120 on the 8gb and

Users who are viewing this thread

Back