Samsung P2 VS Cowon D2 vs iAudio 7
May 12, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #16 of 30
Sweet, which one would u recommend?

May 12, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #17 of 30
um, kind of hard since the UE is higher-priced than the E2C or the ER6.

I guess if you had the money, get the SF5, but between the E2c and the ER6, I would go for the ER6 since the E2C gets very tiring to listen to. They sound just too bloated.

May 12, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #18 of 30
I'm with nsx 23: ER6 stomp all over E2c...providing you can get a comfortable tip (flanges? for me, yick...) -the foams are OK. E2c were my first IEM & for quite a while I loved em, but now....meh.

May 13, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #22 of 30
I want a crisp, dynamic, airy, energetic and "sparkling" sound (don't know if the last one makes sense). I want to be hear the little details in stuff like salsa or classical music, but not too analytical. I guess another way to put it is that I want a balanced but lively sound.

Its always been hard for me to buy stuff due to the huge variety of music. I'll mostly be using the D2 or iA7 with SF5pros.

May 13, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #23 of 30
ive got the e2c atm and its cord is ****ty, is a er6 worth the cost? $90

May 13, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #24 of 30
is the super fi 3 or er 6 better?

May 13, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #27 of 30
I have a D2 and I love mine. I think you will like it. It's a very good player with great SQ, probably the best I've heard from any player I've had. Touch screen is very responsive and it's easy to navigate. Gotta love the SD slot as well. I currently have a 4gb with a 16gb SDHC card in there and it works flawlessly.

Only complaint I have about the player is the firmware. The thing that annoys me about it is the album art. Sometimes I'll embed album art to my mp3s and they will show but will look deformed or even crash the D2. It's really annoying at times. Sometimes I'll have to find different files of album art and just try my luck with which one will actually work and look fine on the D2. I've also had firmware trouble in the past with file database. I think that is a dead issue now since I've been running 3.55. The database works flawlessly.

Another issue to look at is playlists. There isn't really a quick and easy way to add playlists. Personally, it doesn't really bother me but it might bother you. Hopefully Cowon adds support for .m3u playlists in a future firmware.

Overall though, it's a great player. It sounds great with my PK2s and ER-6is. Battery life is great, I only charge it about every other week, depending on the usage and that is with the SDHC card in use.

May 13, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #29 of 30
I might be getting a D2 soon, and I plan to use a screen protector on it (sorts out scratch issues). I'm sure the touchscreen won't burst unless you apply a lot of pressure or pierce it with a screwdriver.

May 13, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #30 of 30
The screen is scratchless, I have only a dent which I cannot remember where I got it from (it's small), I didn't bother with the protector when I found that out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back