Samsung Level new series of premium headphones
May 24, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #16 of 70
  It looks like a rebadged, alternate-color-scheme SOUL to me from the pictures you posted earlier.

I still don't see the resemblance, other than being a canalphone.

You have three to choose from; the K-POP, MINI or the SL99. The ones with ear hooks are completely out of the question.

May 24, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #18 of 70
  I assume he was talking about these :

Ohh...should've said so! I though we were still talking about those IEMs on Amazon and my pics [of the IEMs] that I posted earlier

@Mad Max must've been referring to this:

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd today announced the Samsung Level, a new series of premium audio products:

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/04/samsung-level-premium-headphones-and.html

Beats by Dre + SOUL by Ludacris (just the top cushion) = Samsung Level

To that, I can agree to!

May 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #21 of 70
You guys are crazy. Those ear cups look EXACTLY like D7100s, right down to the giant pads. 

May 24, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #22 of 70
  You guys are crazy. Those ear cups look EXACTLY like D7100s, right down to the giant pads. 

"Exactly" might be a bit of an exaggeration, but they certainly look similar.

May 24, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #23 of 70
  "Exactly" might be a bit of an exaggeration, but they certainly look similar.

Yeah, I was overstating it, but I think they look FAR more like the D7100s than any Beats or Soul. The headband is like the Soul, but that's it.

Seriously, look at the first pic in this thread, then look at these:

May 24, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #24 of 70
Cross your fingers then that the Samsungs be using Fostex drivers as Denons tend to.

May 31, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #26 of 70
This is great news. Companies like Samsung can get personal with a consumer group and it will continue on with other products.

How many 18 year olds are going to make these headphones an important big purchase, leading on to getting a Samsung fridge and TV later in life when they marry and move out of the house.

Samsung makes a broad range of products and seems to keep the quality levels perfect. I own a Samsung laptop, two big screen TVs and a Samsung fridge. I would buy any product Samsung makes. My wife uses two of their phones for her business and they perform. Samsung headphones will be fantastic someday.:D

May 31, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #27 of 70
  Yeah they don't look like Beats or Soul at all. It is weird to me that so many people in this thread think they do. 

Unlike personal preference, it can be agreed upon by many people that their design resembles, or if not a nod to, the Beats and Souls. It doesn't seem too far fetched to me, neither is it weird for me to think that the design is on the same page as other fashion headphones. Apple keeps suing Samsung for their phone's "resemblance" to iPhones and some other various patent infringements, which I would find more far fetched than this. 

The Samsungs do employ the same tri-fold design as both the Beats and Souls, similar steel brackets at the hinge like the Beats and even the stitched headband cushion that the Souls have. 

What do you think in terms of its resemblance with the new Denons then?

May 31, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #28 of 70

Yeah, I was overstating it, but I think they look FAR more like the D7100s than any Beats or Soul. The headband is like the Soul, but that's it.

Seriously, look at the first pic in this thread, then look at these:

Do the Denons have wooden earcups, or plastic that looks like wood?

How about from this angle?

May 31, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #29 of 70
Oh man, if Apple owns Beats, Beats is going to start suing Samsung for copying their design like Apple did with the iPhone. Given Apple's high competence when it comes to differentiating between devices, I wouldn't be surprised if Beats started doing the same. But then again, there was this one time when Samsung tried to defend their case against Apple regarding the Galaxy Tab's resemblance to the iPad, and Samsung's legal representative themselves failed to know the difference between the two, so it's quite even.

May 31, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #30 of 70
Design patents are notoriously hard to actually argue in court, hence why the Apple v Samsung cases took so long in every country, and ended up with various results in every country they sued each other in. 

Honestly though, all a lawyer would need to do would be to bring in all of the photos we have in this thread to show that the design is different enough, and that the general plastic-y "trifold" design is ubiquitous across the entire headphone industry. 

Quote:
  Oh man, if Apple owns Beats, Beats is going to start suing Samsung for copying their design like Apple did with the iPhone. Given Apple's high competence when it comes to differentiating between devices, I wouldn't be surprised if Beats started doing the same. But then again, there was this one time when Samsung tried to defend their case against Apple regarding the Galaxy Tab's resemblance to the iPad, and Samsung's legal representative themselves failed to know the difference between the two, so it's quite even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back