Samsung Level new series of premium headphones
May 31, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #31 of 70

Design patents are notoriously hard to actually argue in court, hence why the Apple v Samsung cases took so long in every country, and ended up with various results in every country they sued each other in. 

Honestly though, all a lawyer would need to do would be to bring in all of the photos we have in this thread to show that the design is different enough, and that the general plastic-y "trifold" design is ubiquitous across the entire headphone industry.

That is true. But no matter how hard it may be, they still try to argue over it. It's not about the result of the lawsuit - it's about sending a message.

A problem would arise if the lawyer couldn't tell the difference between their own side's product from the opponent's.

May 31, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #32 of 70
  ... it's about sending a message.

"No competition allowed." 
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 1, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #33 of 70

Oh Samsung, you so know what gadgets stylish young women want to wear.

Jun 1, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #34 of 70
Jul 2, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #35 of 70
From an aesthetics standpoint, the Samsung Level Headphones look pretty good but have to try it before we know whether the sound is good. I also noticed Samsung is becoming to be like Sony, making TVs, Mobile Phones, Laptops, Cameras, Home Theatre Systems, Headphones, etc. Very interested to see the future of Samsung.

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #37 of 70
   I also noticed Samsung is becoming to be like Sony, making TVs, Mobile Phones, Laptops, Cameras, Home Theatre Systems, Headphones, etc. Very interested to see the future of Samsung.

half the laptops I've worked on, regardless of brand, have Samsung lcd panels etc. inside of them.  I believe the same goes with phones and TVs they manufacture a ton of parts that go into other brand's products.  

Don't see the appeal of Samsung making an expensive fashion accessory the same way Beats do.  "Nice Samsung headphones bro, my mom's microwave is made by Samsung too."

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #38 of 70
  half the laptops I've worked on, regardless of brand, have Samsung lcd panels etc. inside of them.  I believe the same goes with phones and TVs they manufacture a ton of parts that go into other brand's products.  

Don't see the appeal of Samsung making an expensive fashion accessory the same way Beats do.  "Nice Samsung headphones bro, my mom's microwave is made by Samsung too."

Yep, most of HP's laptops have Samsung panels in them, with LG coming in second. But in these cases, they are only the OEMs of the whole product.

"Hey, I know Samsung, they make shipyard cranes, too!"

But seriously, Samsung is divided into many smaller industries such as Samsung Electronics, Samsung semiconductor, Samsung Heavy Industry etc.

That would still make the one that makes microwaves and headphones the same Samsung...

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #39 of 70
  Yep, most of HP's laptops have Samsung panels in them, with LG coming in second. But in these cases, they are only the OEMs of the whole product.

"Hey, I know Samsung, they make shipyard cranes, too!"

But seriously, Samsung is divided into many smaller industries such as Samsung Electronics, Samsung semiconductor, Samsung Heavy Industry etc.

That would still make the one that makes microwaves and headphones the same Samsung...

I think that makes them a lot less appealing to what I expect to be the majority of these HP's demographic, that is young people buying them because they're expensive and they look cool.  I know that works with Monster and beats but I'm not so sure about a huge company like Samsung being able to do this despite them already having such a great record in so many industries.

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #40 of 70
  I think that makes them a lot less appealing to what I expect to be the majority of these HP's demographic, that is young people buying them because they're expensive and they look cool.  I know that works with Monster and beats but I'm not so sure about a huge company like Samsung being able to do this despite them already having such a great record in so many industries.

Yep, I think the fashion headphone market is already over-saturated by other brands - we don't need another big brand company to start releasing a bunch of fashion headphones. What Samsung needs to do is bring out audiophile-esque audio hardware, similar to what they did with this vacuum tube dock:

Sure, the tubes only play a part in the pre-amp, but it's something we don't see every day. Heck, I bought one just for the vacuum tubes!

Samsung needs to bring out headphones that have a built-in headphone amplifier that doesn't require you to lug around a separate box plus your DAP.

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #41 of 70
Have the Level In for a couple of weeks now. For the price I'll say it is quite good actually, not just as a triple driver hybrid but also for overall SQ. I will say Samsung is well ahead of Beats, at least in the in-ear department.

Jul 26, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #42 of 70
  Have the Level In for a couple of weeks now. For the price I'll say it is quite good actually, not just as a triple driver hybrid but also for overall SQ. I will say Samsung is well ahead of Beats, at least in the in-ear department.

That's interesting!
Are you going to post a review?

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #43 of 70
Jul 26, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #45 of 70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back