Samsung hd950, where to buy!?!?!??
May 13, 2006 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

JaGWiRE

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, I can't seem to find the Samsung hd950 locally anywhere (I am in Toronto / the Gta.) It doesn't seem to be available on any websites too, so I'm begging for some help to determine where to get it, or if somebody is willing to sell me one locally I'de really appreciate it. Is there a samsung dvd player that does SACD/DVD-A that replaced it? If it is not possible to get locally and nobody wants to sell me one, what SACD/DVD-AUDIO player do you guys recommend for the same sort of price that can be found locally / easily? What about the samsugn hd841 or 941? Thanks.

May 13, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 14
May 13, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 14
This one is tough to find aside from eBay.

However, there's a workaround. Most cities have eBay "drop sites" where you can drop off items and they'll sell them for a percentage of the take.

Those people are independents and I've seen a few people use them in reverse. Go in, give them cash and a percentage, and they'll buy the item for you and have it shipped to their store. If you give them cash, it's zero risk and they'll make some money. Good for everyone, try it.

May 13, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
This one is tough to find aside from eBay.

However, there's a workaround. Most cities have eBay "drop sites" where you can drop off items and they'll sell them for a percentage of the take.

Those people are independents and I've seen a few people use them in reverse. Go in, give them cash and a percentage, and they'll buy the item for you and have it shipped to their store. If you give them cash, it's zero risk and they'll make some money. Good for everyone, try it.

Sounds lovely, just if I could find a list of local ones.. Uhh, any other easier to find dvd-a/sacd players at this price that you guys recommend? Does anyone here know any Torontonians with one of these players that might sell me theirs?

May 14, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #6 of 14
bump. (and cannedham, please clear your pm box.)

May 14, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #7 of 14
I was looking at this player as well and only found it on ebay as a refurb. Kind of sucks since it would match my GS-1 amp and has decent sound for the price. Jag, let me know if you find it anywhere.

May 14, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
I was looking at this player as well and only found it on ebay as a refurb. Kind of sucks since it would match my GS-1 amp and has decent sound for the price. Jag, let me know if you find it anywhere.

no luck yet, if I do find one, do you want me to purcahse a 2nd one and you can recoup me for the cost and shipping to get it to Boston?

May 14, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
no luck yet, if I do find one, do you want me to purcahse a 2nd one and you can recoup me for the cost and shipping to get it to Boston?

It is cool. I may just go for a refurbed NAD C542 for $369. Thanks though.

May 15, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #11 of 14
bump. Does the nad do SACD/DVD-A?

May 15, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #12 of 14
Take a look here:

http://pages.ebay.com/tahub/index.html

This should help you find an eBay Selling Assistant. This is from the US site, but I'd think ebay.ca would have the same thing. I'm sure one of them would help you out. Also, take a look in the phone book under "auctions" and you'll probably find a local drop site.

As for concern over buying a refurb, don't worry too much. They usually carry the same warranty and manufacturers *don't* like getting a second warranty claim on one item. Beancounters (and I am one) lean heavily on companies to prevent this. There might be a scratch on the bezel, but refurbs are more likely to work and cost less. I always buy them if they're available.

May 15, 2006 at 11:54 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
Take a look here:

http://pages.ebay.com/tahub/index.html

This should help you find an eBay Selling Assistant. This is from the US site, but I'd think ebay.ca would have the same thing. I'm sure one of them would help you out. Also, take a look in the phone book under "auctions" and you'll probably find a local drop site.

As for concern over buying a refurb, don't worry too much. They usually carry the same warranty and manufacturers *don't* like getting a second warranty claim on one item. Beancounters (and I am one) lean heavily on companies to prevent this. There might be a scratch on the bezel, but refurbs are more likely to work and cost less. I always buy them if they're available.

i found a few, but I would still rather find a local buyer. Still, does that nad player he's talking about do sacd/dvd-a?

May 15, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
i found a few, but I would still rather find a local buyer. Still, does that nad player he's talking about do sacd/dvd-a?

No the NAD is HDCD capable but no SACD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back