Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone?
Dec 20, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #646 of 704
Dear santa, I've been a very good boy, please let me have this one
L3000.gif

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #647 of 704
So, I've had my s7 for a few days now, and I can't seem to get the USB audio out to work with my FIIO E18. Has anyone else had issues with getting USB audio to work? I thought maybe my E18 was dieing, and that's not the case as it works fine everywhere else and on my old phone.

Whenever I play something through the E18 from the S7 USB, you can hear sound, but its like garbled and low. Any Ideas are appreciated.
I just got my fiio e18 for Christmas and I have the s7 edge and ive noticed when I use the dac part of it there is a annoying clicking sound that destroys the audio quality have you figured out any solutions

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #648 of 704
Not used a Fiio but wirjs no problem with Chors Mojo, DragonFly Red and Oppo HA-2

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jan 1, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #649 of 704
I got a new S7 Edge last week after having scored a pair of B&W P7s on an earlier Black Friday indulgence on markdown with an additional 15% off.  The S7 has considerable optional settings for audio output, including a separate applet to optimize for your choice of cans and your hearing.  In combination without an external amp and or DAC utilizing lossless files this sounds exceptionally spacious, clear and smooth.  Easily the best simple portable combination I have ever heard.

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #650 of 704
I got a new S7 Edge last week after having scored a pair of B&W P7s on an earlier Black Friday indulgence on markdown with an additional 15% off.  The S7 has considerable optional settings for audio output, including a separate applet to optimize for your choice of cans and your hearing.  In combination without an external amp and or DAC utilizing lossless files this sounds exceptionally spacious, clear and smooth.  Easily the best simple portable combination I have ever heard.

Gets better with Poweramp beta because of the 100 step volume control.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #651 of 704
I manually changed my mixer_gains settings to the following:

<ctl name="HPOUT1L Impedance Volume" value="105" />
<ctl name="HPOUT1R Impedance Volume" value="105" />
<ctl name="HPOUT1L Input 1 Volume" value="55" />
<ctl name="HPOUT1R Input 1 Volume" value="55" />

I am getting a lot of distortion and background hiss, however.

Jan 15, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #652 of 704
  I manually changed my mixer_gains settings to the following:

<ctl name="HPOUT1L Impedance Volume" value="105" />
<ctl name="HPOUT1R Impedance Volume" value="105" />
<ctl name="HPOUT1L Input 1 Volume" value="55" />
<ctl name="HPOUT1R Input 1 Volume" value="55" />

I am getting a lot of distortion and background hiss, however.

​I have the Exynos version so not sure if the settings will be the same for the SD version, I  have the impedance settings set at 123 and there is absolutely no distortion at all. Also the maximum value for the HPOUT input is 48 so you may want to try that setting first just in case setting it to 55 is causing an issue.

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #653 of 704
​I have the Exynos version so not sure if the settings will be the same for the SD version, I  have the impedance settings set at 123 and there is absolutely no distortion at all. Also the maximum value for the HPOUT input is 48 so you may want to try that setting first just in case setting it to 55 is causing an issue.

Thanks! Any idea about ideal poweramp av3 settings? Im still getting dist.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #654 of 704
  Help Please!... 

I was recently issued a Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F or Samsung Galaxy SM-G930FD from my workplace, and know virtually nothing about how to access digital audio output from this telephone, so as to listen to streaming audio. I AM aware that I can download "Pandora" to this phone...however, I desire to output the feed digitally to my outboard D/A converter... a Schiit Audio Modi...to a Schiit Audio Magni.  (I am about to lose my lap-top with which I was able to stream audio OR play CD's, the lap-top to be replaced by a tablet!...

I  note that this phone does possess a micro-USB port on the bottom edge, but really don't know whether it can/does output a digital signal...

I plead abject ignorance regarding modern cellphones...and would very much appreciate anyone either pointing me in the correct direction regarding attempting to access a digital output on this phone, or specifying how it is done...

Thank you in advance,

TAK

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #655 of 704
Help Please!... 

I was recently issued a Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F or Samsung Galaxy SM-G930FD from my workplace, and know virtually nothing about how to access digital audio output from this telephone, so as to listen to streaming audio. I AM aware that I can download "Pandora" to this phone...however, I desire to output the feed digitally to my outboard D/A converter... a Schiit Audio Modi...to a Schiit Audio Magni.  (I am about to lose my lap-top with which I was able to stream audio OR play CD's, the lap-top to be replaced by a tablet!...

I  note that this phone does possess a micro-USB port on the bottom edge, but really don't know whether it can/does output a digital signal...

I plead abject ignorance regarding modern cellphones...and would very much appreciate anyone either pointing me in the correct direction regarding attempting to access a digital output on this phone, or specifying how it is done...

Thank you in advance,

TAK

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #656 of 704
Yes, you need to buy a USB OTG cable, that will set you on the right path :)

My own S7E met an untimely illness today...

To replace the screen i have been quoted £280 :frowning2:

So, i did what any self respecting head-fier would do, and bought another one, this time in coral blue... not fully with the colour yet but am sure it will grow on me.

Strangely, or maybe not so, new handset on android 6 is slower in benchmarks than the now broken one on 7

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #657 of 704
  Thank you sir!...  :)  ...

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #658 of 704
Hello guys,
yesterday i've recevied the official Nougat firmware update on my S7 EDGE.
Apart fro the other improvements, i noticed a really really nice improvement in audio volume and quality.
Now it is a world better in driving all my phones!
Anyone has noticed that?
I can guarantee that is not a placebo effect..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back