Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Sound Quality
May 10, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #106 of 228
Okay here is my experience after playing around with root and audio drivers.. I removed with titanium backup (froze/remove so the phone can't give me the horrible pop-up message about adapt sound and sound alive not responding) after an A-B test with the same song on my s6 and ipad at roughly the same volume (I'm no expert but I tried to be precise) I found that the sound from the s6 got a LOT warmer, the horrible treble madness is gone for good, I played an Epica song 'illusive Consensus' with my ATH-M50 and now I found my ipad (4th gen) to have a little more treble than the s6. The drawbacks for me are that I mistakenly removed the EQ stuff aswell so I just have the flat signature. Excuse my not so good knowledge but I just wanted to give everyone my experience after rooting and removing samsungs sound processing software.

Volume - Around 80%
Song- Illusive consensus- Epica
Sources- iPad 4th gen/Galaxy S6
Format- Google music mp3

Things removed from galaxy s6
-Sound Alive
-Adapt Sound

May 11, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #107 of 228
Okay here is my experience after playing around with root and audio drivers.. I removed with titanium backup (froze/remove so the phone can't give me the horrible pop-up message about adapt sound and sound alive not responding) after an A-B test with the same song on my s6 and ipad at roughly the same volume (I'm no expert but I tried to be precise) I found that the sound from the s6 got a LOT warmer, the horrible treble madness is gone for good, I played an Epica song 'illusive Consensus' with my ATH-M50 and now I found my ipad (4th gen) to have a little more treble than the s6. The drawbacks for me are that I mistakenly removed the EQ stuff aswell so I just have the flat signature. Excuse my not so good knowledge but I just wanted to give everyone my experience after rooting and removing samsungs sound processing software.

Volume - Around 80%
Song- Illusive consensus- Epica
Sources- iPad 4th gen/Galaxy S6
Format- Google music mp3

Things removed from galaxy s6
-Sound Alive
-Adapt Sound

In the settings of V4A choose UI Expert to see all the settings and EQ, there are perhaps 3x more options you can play with to get the best possible sound.
My only ''bug'' is that IRS in convolver are not working, but I can live without it

May 22, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #110 of 228
Quick question if anyone can throw some insight?
Does anyone have a DAP that uses the same sort of chip set as the Samsung galaxy s6, such a fiio x1, x3, x5, ect..? (wolfson/cirrus logic)
Wondering how does it truly fair in terms of crisp, dynamic, well timed and bass reproduction? (providing the source is of good quality obviously) Saying that i'd highly doubt any audiophiles from here would have anything less than top quality? 
size]

Thing is listen to a lot of classical, stringed and house music with a touch of rock.
Interested if this phone has what it takes?

currently using a non rooted Sony xperia z3 with sony xba 40's
many thanks guys! 
beerchug.gif

D.

May 24, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #111 of 228
To the people who have rooted, did you use the Ping Pong method, which apparently doesn't trip KNOX and invalidate the warranty?

I've rooted every one of my Android phones within a week until this one, mainly because right now V4A is the only benefit in my opinion.
The 128GB S6 Edge is the most expensive phone I've ever bought and I don't want to lose the warranty.

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #112 of 228
I used ping pong to root my s6.  Putting on viper took a little bit of tinkering.  Though the payoff is definitely worth it.   Big difference in Sound.   Make sure to have the default odin g6 image.  I soft bricked my device then returned to stock and started over.   To find the stock image head on over to xda developers.  I have the phone paired with the yamaha eph 100s.  Coming from a rooted viper equipped HTC m7 I'm pretty satisfied. 

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #113 of 228
Debating between the S6 Edge and HTC One M9...

Currently have a One M7 which I love...I haven't seen a phone I think is better in a long time. Even now if they released a One M7 replica with updated hardware I'd buy it >.>

But anyway, my UM3X headphones have 56 ohms, will the volume be too low on the S6? I know the M9 won't have a problem driving it, M7 certainly doesn't.

Jun 14, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #114 of 228
  I used ping pong to root my s6.  Putting on viper took a little bit of tinkering.  Though the payoff is definitely worth it.   Big difference in Sound.   Make sure to have the default odin g6 image.  I soft bricked my device then returned to stock and started over.   To find the stock image head on over to xda developers.  I have the phone paired with the yamaha eph 100s.  Coming from a rooted viper equipped HTC m7 I'm pretty satisfied. 

Thanks, just did the same.

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #115 of 228
Purchased an S6 64GB a couple of days ago. I find the SQ excellent on my Australian G920I model. The volume is a little low which is fine for work. I have tested with Grado SR125i, Sennheiser Momentum over ear and Koss Porta Pro's using Spotify Premium & FLACs / DeadBeef.

I did some A/Bs on the weekend using a Topping Amp versus OTG / FIIO E10K and found the SQ reasonably close. Mind you if I were going to plug in a dongle, I'd go for the E10K. Mainly just wanted to see what the onboard Wolfson was like amped compared to an external DAC / amp.

Very happy with SQ so far, much better than than the old iPhone 5. Will do some A/Bs against my FIIO X5 soon...

Jun 18, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #116 of 228
Just picked up my SAMSUNG SM-G9208/SS and I am blown away by the DAC on this.

Compared to my old Galaxy S5, Apple iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 it's the clear winner!

High's are just airy, bass extension is well defined and vocals just shine.

Cannot believe what I hearing out of the box and I have only been playing with it for the past two hours or so.

Jun 18, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #117 of 228
  Just picked up my SAMSUNG SM-G9208/SS and I am blown away by the DAC on this.

Compared to my old Galaxy S5, Apple iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 it's the clear winner!

High's are just airy, bass extension is well defined and vocals just shine.

Cannot believe what I hearing out of the box and I have only been playing with it for the past two hours or so.

Curious what headphones are you using?

Jun 19, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #118 of 228
Sennheiser HD600, but I also use it on my Office setup which runs a Bel Canto Ref 150S directly into the headphone out port, then into some Micca MB42X's, so Amazed I can't wait to trial it in my main system and put this up against my MSB DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back