Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Sound Quality
Sep 21, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #152 of 228
First I want to thank Macronox for that really good review, I am glad I'm not the only one hearing this either. I got my galaxy s6 just 3 days ago after switching from an iPhone 5. I was really excited to have something different, but really started to miss the iphone. I kept debating whether or not I wanted to go back in and trade for another iphone, (the iphone6) but this debate became a no brainer today when I plugged the galaxy s6 into my car. Everything macronox said in his review is on point. The sound quality is just terrible. I have a $2000 sound system in my car, and this thing makes it sound like I am still running my stock speakers. The volume is way too low when it's cranked all the way up, barely picking up the bass for my sub, and making the track sound like it is poorly equalized. I plugged my iphone back in to compare, and the difference was astronimcal, and laughable. I drove back to the mall immediately after discovering this and pre ordered the iphone 6s. The guy seemed surprised when I told him because the hardware for the s6 is "supposed" to be better for audio output, but this may or may not be true only if you're using headphones. But I assure you that if you are using an auxiliary or bluetooth or whatever to plug in to a sound system you will be truly disappointed.
I hope this review helps. I never write reviews for anything but felt compelled to on this.

Sep 21, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #153 of 228
First I want to thank Macronox for that really good review, I am glad I'm not the only one hearing this either. I got my galaxy s6 just 3 days ago after switching from an iPhone 5. I was really excited to have something different, but really started to miss the iphone. I kept debating whether or not I wanted to go back in and trade for another iphone, (the iphone6) but this debate became a no brainer today when I plugged the galaxy s6 into my car. Everything macronox said in his review is on point. The sound quality is just terrible. I have a $2000 sound system in my car, and this thing makes it sound like I am still running my stock speakers. The volume is way too low when it's cranked all the way up, barely picking up the bass for my sub, and making the track sound like it is poorly equalized. I plugged my iphone back in to compare, and the difference was astronimcal, and laughable. I drove back to the mall immediately after discovering this and pre ordered the iphone 6s. The guy seemed surprised when I told him because the hardware for the s6 is "supposed" to be better for audio output, but this may or may not be true only if you're using headphones. But I assure you that if you are using an auxiliary or bluetooth or whatever to plug in to a sound system you will be truly disappointed.
I hope this review helps. I never write reviews for anything but felt compelled to on this.

Did you ever give Viper4Android a try?

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #154 of 228
Hello,

Recently acquired a Galaxy S6 (Sprint US version - Android 5.1.1).  Not too happy with the SQ I'm getting using Spotify.  Would like to use an alternate EQ such as Noozxoide or Audio FX Widget to possibly improve SQ.  However, neither one will work.  I tried disabling SoundAlive to no avail.  I believe Noozxoide worked briefly after a reboot, but mysteriously stopped working shortly thereafter.  Is there a setting somewhere that I missed or am I stuck with the SoundAlive equalizer?  Don't want to go down the root/Viper4Android path since it's a new phone and I don't want to lose warranty. Another option would be to return it and get an S6 Edge.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #155 of 228
Idk how those first 2 pages of this thread are complaining about S6 edge sound quality.

I am using it, with poweramp paid version.
using poweramp EQ, with natural curve, will try to upload screecap later on
poweramp sterox point 12 oclock
poweramp replay gain both at 8

all samsung sound effects off,
poweramp tone off,
poweramp limit off

using dbpoweramp to convert CD to uncompressed FLAC with accurate check.

http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/1015005/current/

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #157 of 228
  Hello,

Recently acquired a Galaxy S6 (Sprint US version - Android 5.1.1).  Not too happy with the SQ I'm getting using Spotify.  Would like to use an alternate EQ such as Noozxoide or Audio FX Widget to possibly improve SQ.  However, neither one will work.  I tried disabling SoundAlive to no avail.  I believe Noozxoide worked briefly after a reboot, but mysteriously stopped working shortly thereafter.  Is there a setting somewhere that I missed or am I stuck with the SoundAlive equalizer?  Don't want to go down the root/Viper4Android path since it's a new phone and I don't want to lose warranty. Another option would be to return it and get an S6 Edge.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

You don't lose warranty or trip knox with root as far as I know.

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #158 of 228

You don't lose warranty or trip knox with root as far as I know.

There is a process called Ping Pong root that supposedly will not trip Knox.  However, my particular build number is not listed as supported on the PPR XDA site.  So, I don't want to risk it.

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #160 of 228
Hi,

I have found this article after an endless search for more bass and obviously a better SQ on my S6. After all updates until now, I still feel I could do more to achieve a better SQ... Could anyone advise me towards it ? I would really appreciate and think that will be helpful for people who visit the forum. In my case I am looking for more bass pretty much.

Cheers

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #163 of 228
does the galaxy s6 do usb audio out and work with the like of the oppo ha2?

Yes that is my setup. I use Audio Player Pro, DS Audio, Amazon and as last resort default player. I do have Edge. Most of music on a NAS.

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #164 of 228
Works with my Chord Mojo and sounds awesome with my Shure SE846's

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #165 of 228
Hi,

I have found this article after an endless search for more bass and obviously a better SQ on my S6. After all updates until now, I still feel I could do more to achieve a better SQ... Could anyone advise me towards it ? I would really appreciate and think that will be helpful for people who visit the forum. In my case I am looking for more bass pretty much.

Cheers

I have all the SQ I could have ever dreamed of using external DAC. USB Audio Player PRO, says it bypasses all the processors in the phone. Not sure how to actually test that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back