Samsung Galaxy S4 compatible portable DAC/AMPs?
Oct 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #91 of 153
How do you guys find it in term of comfort to carry both smartphone and separate amp?  I have Note 2 and soon to be getting UE900 (have/had also various "budget" IEH such as S4A II, UE600vi, M-Duo, etc.).  I really itching to get Fiio amp, but it will be almost like carrying one of those external charging batteries :)  It's fine once you have it down on a surface next to the phone, but when you have to carry it around - what do you do?  Attach it with rubber band or something?

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #92 of 153
  How do you guys find it in term of comfort to carry both smartphone and separate amp?.. when you have to carry it around - what do you do?  Attach it with rubber band or something?

Either rubber bands, velcro... or for a far stronger attachment 3M Dual Lock. 
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #93 of 153

Either rubber bands, velcro... or for a far stronger attachment 3M Dual Lock. 
wink.gif

Funny, I just through rubber as an example but after reading your reply and looking at some of the pictures on Fiio where they have E07k attached with a rubber band - looks like that's exactly what people do.

Btw, should I assume E17 (through OTG cable) would be one of the best  (in terms of price/performance) for this application?

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #97 of 153
  silly question buy does Spotify / Google music work through USB DAC?

It depends entirely on the level of compatibility of the DAC, KT.  Certain models work only with USB Audio Recorder Pro, while others reproduce every giggle and blip which an S4 is capable of producing.

With the Tiny DAC and the E17, yes, Spotify works; the same is probably true for the E18. 

For a full list of compatible DACs, see the list which DanBa updates every four or five pages on his USB Audio thread.

Nov 15, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #98 of 153
Found this thread while searching for a way to output audio from my Samsung GS4.  I have the FiiO E17 along with a OTG cable to connect the phone to the DAC.  However, I only get sound from the external speaker of the phone when I play a song (using PowerAmp).  I've seen other threads stating this combination works, but I seem to be missing something.  Any thoughts on this?

Nov 16, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #102 of 153
Found this thread while searching for a way to output audio from my Samsung GS4.  I have the FiiO E17 along with a OTG cable to connect the phone to the DAC.  However, I only get sound from the external speaker of the phone when I play a song (using PowerAmp).  I've seen other threads stating this combination works, but I seem to be missing something.  Any thoughts on this?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/667838/samsung-galaxy-s4-compatible-portable-dac-amps/15#post_9556233

Have you tried another cable?

Nov 16, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #103 of 153
Hi.

This ist my first post.
Sorry for my bad english.
Yesterday i treid to get the audioquest dragonfly to work. But it wont.
I installed the latest trial of the usb audio recorder and connected a the dragonfly over a (good working) otg cable to my galaxy s4 (Revolution rom).
After opening a wav track was nothing to hear.
In the mixer-menu was just the info: "This device has no mixer controls"

Can you help me?

By the way: does a kernel exisit, to activate usb audio on the S4?

Nov 16, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #105 of 153
Hmm, i cant remember. I was just testing by a dealer.
I thought thats not necessary to change any settings in this app?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back