Samsung Galaxy S Thread
Apr 30, 2010 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 203

musicday

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,I would like to talk here about the amazing Samsung Galaxy S mobile phone.What is so special about this phone is the 4inch Super AMOLED screen and 1ghz processor,but has much more to offer.
It should be available in UK anytime in june.
Let us know if you have more info about it.
What you like about it and what don't?
Samsung Galaxy S I9000 Review | Mini Mobile Review

May 1, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 203
yes I'm very excited for this phone, its supposed to have the best screen quality and 4", 1ghz processor with 4 times graphics power compared to the snapdragon used in google nexus one and the new android phones, android 2.1, bluetooth 3.0 and wifi n. I'm definitely buying it when its released.

May 2, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #3 of 203
It will be released anytime in june here in UK.At the moment i have Nokia E72 and i really enjoy it,but once Samsung Galaxy S will be released i will sell it to get it.I want it becouse of the 4 inch Super AMOLED first of all.I wanted to buy Cowon J3,but i will pass for this,and i belive that Galaxy S will have a sound and video quality never seen before in a mobile phone.hope the price will be under £500 for 16 gb version.But anyway in couple months after it will be released price will go down for sure.

May 3, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicday /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,I would like to talk here about the amazing Samsung Galaxy S mobile phone.What is so special about this phone is the 4inch Super AMOLED screen and 1ghz processor,but has much more to offer.
It should be available in UK anytime in june.
Let us know if you have more info about it.
What you like about it and what don't?
Samsung Galaxy S I9000 Review | Mini Mobile Review

What's your source on sound quality for this phone?
It seems a bit cheap and plasticky - never liked Samsung devices too much to be honest.

You should take a look at Dell's lineup - Flash, Lightning and Thunder all look excellentm whatever your taste.
I like Windows Phone 7 but I don't know if it's as good for someone who does not and will not use Facebook, Twitter etc.

May 3, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #6 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by aameerp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's your source on sound quality for this phone?
It seems a bit cheap and plasticky - never liked Samsung devices too much to be honest.

You should take a look at Dell's lineup - Flash, Lightning and Thunder all look excellentm whatever your taste.
I like Windows Phone 7 but I don't know if it's as good for someone who does not and will not use Facebook, Twitter etc.

As much as i know the soud quality will be better on this device.Also never had and i didn't liked any other Samsung mobile but i will get this the time will be released in UK,becouse of the best screen for the moment and 1ghz processor,512 mb ram,and just like Wave will have anti-scatch screen.Ahh,and not to forget: this and Wave are anounced the only 2 devices in the world that will play Divx HD..Also will play FLAC too
o2smile.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #8 of 203
both this and samsung wave got excellent audio quality results in the gsmarena reviews. also phonearena says the sound quality must be heard, cannot be described. sound promising! :)

Jun 6, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #9 of 203
I has been using the Samsung Corby Pro for a two weeks now and all I can say is the audio quality is really good. It won't replace my Fuze just yet but I also don't find it too lacking in side-by-side comparison.

Jul 10, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #11 of 203
i got mine aredy, its been with me for a week
sound quality is equal to the iphone, just as i expect, samsung being an apple supplier
i think it uses the same cirrus dac

edit:

now that i got to think about it
i think it sounds better than the iphone, although i dont have my iphone anymore so i cant make a direct comparo
bad thing is the headphone out pin layout is standard so iphone compatible headsets will suck due to the reversed mic/ground connection. Im in the process of making a diy adaptor for my triplefi10vi.
atm im using my tf10 via the extension.

the 5.1 surround option on the player is amazing with the tf10. it sounds bigger than it already is, sounds coming from the outside of the iems, bigger soundstage with more air between and i know the soundstage of the tf10 i no pushover for an iem. but with the galaxy s and the 5.1, its a different thing altogether(i hope somebody else can confirm this).

im no purist nor a hardcore audiophile but i used to frown on anything that will introduce changes in the audio like eq and effects. thats why i only discovered the 5.1 today. i used to have it disabled and no eq and effects.

i experimented today when i noticed the 5.1 button on th top right of the player screen and i was just amazed.

btw im using the default player. havent had time to customize my android yet so its all stock atm

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #12 of 203
Hi, first post!

I got the Galaxy S the other day, my first samsung, and I would like to mention the fact that it is one of the few android mobiles with a custom EQ. I have been waiting a long time for this.

Sound quality is very good for a phone and the EQ is useful. There are some effects too, all of them useless IMO.

The real letdown though is the fact that any phones that are not capatible headsets won't work with phonecalls. Of course you can use the 3.5 jack with any phones to hear music (or movies or whatever) but while making phone calls the phone will switch to internal mic AND  internal speakers. With my annoyingly buggy nokia (that I got rid of) i would use internal mic and connected phones while calling (holding the phone in front of me, talking into it) but with the samsung galaxy s, this option doesn't seem to exist.

A few questions: Do you know if this is this the case with all samsung phones? Is there any work-around or fix for the issue mentioned? Concidering samsungs past reputation, do you think they will ever fix this issue? Thankful for any halp.

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #14 of 203
I quite desire the Galaxy S, that is, if it is true the sound quality at least matches that of the iphone. The AT&T variant, the Captivate, will supposedly be priced at $350 off-contract. I say yes to that!

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #15 of 203

Quote:
Hi, first post!

I got the Galaxy S the other day, my first samsung, and I would like to mention the fact that it is one of the few android mobiles with a custom EQ. I have been waiting a long time for this.

Sound quality is very good for a phone and the EQ is useful. There are some effects too, all of them useless IMO.

The real letdown though is the fact that any phones that are not capatible headsets won't work with phonecalls. Of course you can use the 3.5 jack with any phones to hear music (or movies or whatever) but while making phone calls the phone will switch to internal mic AND  internal speakers. With my annoyingly buggy nokia (that I got rid of) i would use internal mic and connected phones while calling (holding the phone in front of me, talking into it) but with the samsung galaxy s, this option doesn't seem to exist.

A few questions: Do you know if this is this the case with all samsung phones? Is there any work-around or fix for the issue mentioned? Concidering samsungs past reputation, do you think they will ever fix this issue? Thankful for any halp.

the 3.5mm jack of the samsung galaxy s is trrs left/right/mic/ground similar to a nokia. so any nokia headset with mic will hopefully work.
im using my tf10 with a nokia ad57 that i got from an old 5310xpress music. mic on the ad57 works, so does the mic button.
BTW have you tried the auto setting in eq. i've searched around the net but no info on it.
ive experimented with it and it seems the player reads the idtags and sets the eq to the corresponding preset. ive tried it on tracks with genre idtags(pop,rock,classical) i tried switching between auto and the corresponding preset. the frequency response doesnt change between auto and pop, auto and rock, so on and so forth. teh tracks sound different with normal eq tho thats for sure. I just hope the preset eq can be customized to ones liking. so custom eq presets for particular genres and auto eq = kick ass sound for every genre without having to switch between presets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back