Samsung Galaxy S as dedicated source.
Aug 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

shockdoc

Headphoneus Supremus
Thinking of turning my old Galaxy S into a dedicated source. Anyone done it? Pitfalls? I searched around (not exhaustively) but couldn't find any threads specific to this subject. 
TIA

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't know if anyone has or not, but I'll probably end up with one very soon as I'm about to switch cell providers and t-mobile has that one as a free phone. I've read that if you get the voodoo control it sounds very good. I'd like to know of any opinions of this phone too.

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
I don't know if anyone has or not, but I'll probably end up with one very soon as I'm about to switch cell providers and t-mobile has that one as a free phone. I've read that if you get the voodoo control it sounds very good. I'd like to know of any opinions of this phone too.

definitely very good source, had this phone, loved it, as a phone it's behind the newer generations, lags, no new ICS, old apps, good batterly life, but as a source its very good

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 8
I know some people on here have rooted it and used VooDoo and others are using Poweramp or Neutron. Don't know which would be better. It's an ok phone but time to upgrade so thought it would make a nifty player.

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 8
I was an early android adopter and am still running with a LG Ally. Very old and outdated. The galaxy will be a big upgrade for me. I'm looking for cheap or free with a new contract.

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #7 of 8
I also have the original Galaxy S and I think it's the best mp3 player ever when used in conjunction with the excellent Voodoo sound. Memory isn't really a problem because you can always use AudioGalaxy to stream music from your desktop machine.

Although I have had the Galaxy S for quite some time now and would definitely think twice before replacing it with a newer model because of the sheer quality of sound the S is capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back