Samsung Galaxy S 4
Jun 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #92 of 233
Quote:
Just got myself this same combo, where'd you get the short cable?

Thanks!

Ebay. Its an ibasso cable sold by Toxic Cables. i dont have a link available right now since Im at work on my S4. I can post a link later tonight when i get home.

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #93 of 233
Id like a link to that cable as well.  I need to hook up the s4 to the fiio e17.  Will this DAC/ amp make a difference listening to the S4 through my V Moda crossfade 100's????

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #95 of 233
Yes, I'd say so. I think the S4 is great for sensitive IEM's, but for full sized headphones the E17 will definitely be an improvement.  
Quote:
Id like a link to that cable as well.  I need to hook up the s4 to the fiio e17.  Will this DAC/ amp make a difference listening to the S4 through my V Moda crossfade 100's????

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #97 of 233
Drag and drop files like its a flash drive or external hard drive.

I myself use an ftp server to transfer files wirelessly.  
Quote:
What is the best/easiest way to put music on the Galaxy S4?

Thanks.

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #98 of 233
Thanks.

So drag and drop, that was what I guessed also.

My friend said his phone didnt show up when connected vioa usb and he got prompted to download Kies software which screwed everything up on his home computer.

Where would the phone show up on his PC?

Thanks again.

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #101 of 233
Of course.... at least with full size headphones. I think my IEM's sound great plugged into the headphone jack. 
Quote:

If you mean USB DAC + AMP then yes.. always

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #102 of 233
No point using an amp with headphone out?
And what about fiio e07k vs e17?
I will only use it with usb otg no optical or coaxial, thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #103 of 233
The S4 works with the E17 with USB-OTG (even without the audio recorder pro app) so this is the best way to go. Before I got my OTG cable I tried the headphone out to the E17 and It didn't impress me. The E17 with the S4 and an OTG cable will sound as good as the E17 with USB out of a laptop. 

I do think the S4 alone sounds just fine with sensitive IEM's of higher than 16 ohm impedance. The S4 will also do well with sensitive on ear, or over ear headphones, but anything even somewhat hard to drive will sound much better with an E17. When using my GR01's, it is not worth the extra bulk to use the E17. A week ago or so I actually AB'ed the S4 against the E17 and my laptop and could not tell a difference using my GR01. The S4 does not have the power to drive my Fostex T50rp though, so when I want to use them as a portable I use the OTG cable and the E17.  
Quote:
No point using an amp with headphone out?
And what about fiio e07k vs e17?
I will only use it with usb otg no optical or coaxial, thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #105 of 233
When I use my GR01 with my GS4 I very rarely need to exceed the halfway mark. Only on a couple of older albums that were recorded really quietly do I ever need to exceed the halfway mark. I usually listen in the 5-7 area out of the 16 volume steps. The sound quality of this combination is great. It sounds neutral and detailed, just like the GR01 should, with no noticeable roll off on either end. There is no background noise or hissing of any kind. There was a very slight but audible hiss with the GR01 and my old iPhone 4, but none at all with the GR01 and the GS4. It really does sound every bit as good as my old iPhone, if not better. It makes a really good portable player.  
Quote:
Yep unless your listening habbits are such that you cant get enough volume from your S4, no amp required.  I've been using my TF10's daily and rarely go over around 60%.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back