Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Oct 19, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #64 of 756
I dont know people. Just got rid of a note 3 for a note 4. Powerplayer will not control the volume. Plays at full blast. However, Neutron with a high rez copy of Whats Going On is probably one of the best sounding combinations i have heard. I have been listening to this album for 40 years and i cant believe i am hearing notes never heard before. YMMV, but its the US version. I have several Wolfson Daps, and to be honest, IPOD touch 5 sounds best, albeit with a lower volume. Anyway just enjoying the music and not worrying about the atoms and stuff i can now use one device in home, car, street and sell the rest of the daps i have. As i said.... YMMV. OUT.

Oct 19, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #65 of 756
I dont know people. Just got rid of a note 3 for a note 4. Powerplayer will not control the volume. Plays at full blast. However, Neutron with a high rez copy of Whats Going On is probably one of the best sounding combinations i have heard. I have been listening to this album for 40 years and i cant believe i am hearing notes never heard before. YMMV, but its the US version. I have several Wolfson Daps, and to be honest, IPOD touch 5 sounds best, albeit with a lower volume. Anyway just enjoying the music and not worrying about the atoms and stuff i can now use one device in home, car, street and sell the rest of the daps i have. As i said.... YMMV. OUT.

oh. Thats with just a pair of Porta pros..... didnt feel like dogging out the big guns. Too early and i gotta roll in the morning.

Oct 19, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #66 of 756
I think the audio is a bit off for SD805....the Wolfson in my S3 definitely beats it. I'm wondering how we bypass all the battery saving DSP rubbish that happens on the Snapdragon and just get raw audio instead of trying to save battery. It appears that headroom is immediately lost when you go quite loud. Also neutron and power amp don't sound the best apps on this phablet.

Oct 19, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #69 of 756

I compared a Galaxy S3 (Wolfson) vs iPod Touch 5 with Sennheiser HD650, and S3 is better, it has better texture, layering is better, more separation of instruments, better decay and smoothness. Touch 5 only has more power, so more bass control on relatively difficult to drive cans.

Now my new Galaxy S5 (Wolfson) is better than my old S3. It has all the goodness of S3 and adds more clarity and better bass control. Galaxy S5 has more power than S3, about 3 steps more on volume control.

Enviado desde mi SM-G900H

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #71 of 756
I'm sure they will sort it out with future updates.....It doesn't just distort at that volume it also changes the headroom and also the speed of the playback.....it's too fast, way too fast. With the Wolfson timing is perfect. They can't be getting best from it due to the power saving they add to it. Look at the OnePlus advert on YouTube with the McIntosh amp demonstrating it playing music for days on the SD805

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #72 of 756
For me the wolfson dac alone is enough reason to get the exynos version.

I got the Note 2 (live in the US) for this reason; saved some money at the time over the Note 3. If they're still around, might be another, high-value option.

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #73 of 756
I got the Note 2 (live in the US) for this reason; saved some money at the time over the Note 3. If they're still around, might be another, high-value option.

I kinda like the better software and metal frame around the black note 4, the chrome paint on my s4 is peeling off, if the paint peels off on the note 4, you would see metal, not the ugly grey plastic. Luckily the exynos is the version sold where i live, I'm just waiting for price to drop a bit, samsung phones tend to reduce it's price by 20-30% 2-3 months after release.

Oct 21, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #75 of 756
Is anyone able to comment on the sound quality from the Exynos version of this phone? I'm kind of new to the whole audiophile thing and am currently torn between this or an iPhone 6+. I've used both iPhones and Androids over the years and appreciate the pros/cons of each platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back