Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Oct 17, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #46 of 756

But how can you tell in normal day to day use?

That you will have to have both phones to tell, I rather get the faster one on paper for a very similar if not the same price. If you just want a smooth experience just go with a relatively cheap nexus 4. 

For me the wolfson dac alone is enough reason to get the exynos version.

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #48 of 756

That you will have to have both phones to tell, I rather get the faster one on paper for a very similar if not the same price. If you just want a smooth experience just go with a relatively cheap nexus 4. 

For me the wolfson dac alone is enough reason to get the exynos version.

Ya the wolfson is a big plus for sure on the exynos. probably sounds night and day between the snapdragon.

wow the note 4 has no power.very quiet with my fx101 ,sounds thin slso snd lifeless.luckily im using my nokia 808 as my dap

good to know.  looks like it will need a dac/amp hookup. luckily fiio is pretty good about updating Samsungs usb-otg dac amp abilities.

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #52 of 756
Just got the n910c exynos a few hours ago.just started using my h3 with it.initial impression,usable without v4a and thats saying a lot :)
I remember using earphones on the note 3 and ended up just using my ipod touch 5 for music as the snap note3 just wasnt good enough in terms of volune to even drive my fxt90.

But this note 4 and its wolfson is able to drive the h3 well at 70 percent volume.will wait a while before rooting and installing v4a.

For now,i would say things sound clean...clarity got a step up from my snap note 3 plus v4a,but with that bass and fullness of sound is sacrificed a little,but will see how it is once i test it more.

Oh yeah,the speaker on the back is worlds ahead if the crappy side speaker the note 3 had which was expected.i dont know if its as good as my old note 2 which i had on 2012,but at least its sounds good enough thats its actually usable for youtube and light video watching.the note3 one just irritated my ears with its tinny and high pitch sound.gonna try the note2 over the horizon ringtone on this speaker XD

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #53 of 756
It (exynos) may have some bands overlapping ATT and T mobile, but unclear if any are 4G bands.  Definitely not Verizon or Sprint.  You would need to buy it without subsidy and service may be an issue.  Very disappointing (US versions) at least to anyone who wants a decent audio device without carrying around extra gear.  I am starting to feel like a dinosaur with my Note 2 but at least it has a good DAC.

Oct 17, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #58 of 756
I love my X3. great device. Best bang for the buck, X1 is quite good, slightly different sound sig though.

awesome thanks for the tip.   X3 looks perfect for me at it's price point.  I don't think I could justify $350 for the X5 which is bigger and heavier.  I also don't need 2 sd card slots. I'm not that hardcore :p

the big part for me on x1 vs x3 is that you can use your x3 with your PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back