Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Oct 10, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #16 of 756
I'll wait until it's release and hear how the sound quality is. My current DAP is the Sony NWZ-ZX1. I really like its sound with my Roxy's. But would like to only have to carry one device.

Oct 14, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #20 of 756
Just received my new Note 4.   So far everything seems great except for the SOUND!!!   The rear facing speaker is a joke.  Sounds so tinny.  I could live with that though since I don't usually use the external speaker for listening to music but using earbuds also sounds horrible. I tried it with the Samsung earbuds that came with the phone and also my Apple earbuds.  Both sound bad.

I'm so disappointed.  Hate to do it but I'll be returning it.   I'm wondering if the Galaxy S5 has the same audio problems.  I'll be testing it in the store before buying this time.  Might have to go back to an iPhone.

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #21 of 756
  Just received my new Note 4.   So far everything seems great except for the SOUND!!!   The rear facing speaker is a joke.  Sounds so tinny.  I could live with that though since I don't usually use the external speaker for listening to music but using earbuds also sounds horrible. I tried it with the Samsung earbuds that came with the phone and also my Apple earbuds.  Both sound bad.

I'm so disappointed.  Hate to do it but I'll be returning it.   I'm wondering if the Galaxy S5 has the same audio problems.  I'll be testing it in the store before buying this time.  Might have to go back to an iPhone.

Neither of them are suppose to sound great.... I don't know what you were expecting... Using those, the same will happen with any phone/dap

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #23 of 756
Just because they sounded great doesn't mean that the phone does, my S3 makes cheap earbuds sound okay because of a bloated and warm signature.

Oct 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #24 of 756
A headphone out that delivers (open load) just 0.4 volts (Check phonearena.com review) can not be taken seriously. At least in my book.

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #25 of 756
Thankfully I don't use my phone as a source. Note 4 sounds like it's worse than the 3, which would be fairly difficult to accomplish. I am almost tempted to get an IPhone 6 plus... My note 3, only a year old, and my girls are both acting up. So disappointed. It's a great device, but it comes with some issues. I miss the quality of Apple to be honest... never thought I'd say that. I'm not even sure if I will root the N4 if I get it. Who am I kidding, I will... I just want my phone to be reliable and not like it's a beta release.

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #26 of 756
Oct 15, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #27 of 756
I'm wondering if the Galaxy S5 has the same audio problems.

I've got the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H with Wolfson DAC (not USA version with chipper DAC).
The sound ussing headphones is great, better that the also great S3.
The headphones included with the S5 are worse than S3, and the speaker also is better in the S3. I'm very happy with S5 because most important thing for me is sound out of headphones.

Enviado desde mi SM-G900H

Oct 15, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #28 of 756

Users who are viewing this thread

Back