Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Oct 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #106 of 756
 I enjoyed reading that post. I am based in the UK - not sure if I should consider trying to get hold of an Exynos version.

Thank you Wilson
In Indonesia has only Exynos version , because LTE still on progress , that's why I haven't heard note 4 with snap dragon
I love audio sound quality , that's why I find as much as possible best smart phone SQ

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #107 of 756
Samsung Note 4 model :SM -N910H not LTE with Exynos version just arrived this evening .

I would like to share out the box pictures

Source : Samsung Galaxy Note 4

IEMs : Shure SE 846

Volume : at 10 is Loud For Me

Audio Sound Quality out the Box is better than my Note 3 with Exynos

High : better clarity and detail and more presents

Mid : is cleaner and clearer and better pronounce

Bass : is tighter and better bass impact than my note 3 and has better bass detail

Separartion : very good .it is better than my note 3

Soundstage : wide with very good depth

Overall :
Sq is very good .more or less like my Sony ZX 1 with better clarity and better bass impact
So far i am very happy with audio improvement on Note 4

Imo

The pictures was Taker With Note 4 from My Wife , The picture quality is better than My Note 3 and My IPad Air 1st Gen

Thanks! any noticeable hiss? Planning to root and install v4a?

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #108 of 756
Phil and others, when you comment on the sound, can you also indicate if you are using the stock music player, or are you using any downloaded music player. If you do use other players, can you comment on what is best with the Note 4? Thanks.

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #109 of 756
Phil and others, when you comment on the sound, can you also indicate if you are using the stock music player, or are you using any downloaded music player. If you do use other players, can you comment on what is best with the Note 4? Thanks.

I can't comment just yet as to what App I am using unfortunately! Suffice it to say its leaps and bounds better than Poweramp and Neutron having just tried that! It even makes a huge difference using it with the Hugo too.

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #111 of 756

I used since my Note 3 :
Samsung stock player
Neutron
Jet Audio Plus

Source : Note 4
IEM : JH Roxanne universal AKR 03

On note 4 I use the same music player
Samsung stock player
This time Stock player is very good , sound character like Jet Audio Plus

Neutron Player :
Best Clarity and rich In Detail , very sweet mid , bass impact less than 2 Player .

Jet Audio Plus :
Is very strong in bass impact , Clarity is slightly below Neutron and Samsung Player

Samsung Player :
Is in between This 2 players

The different between these 3 players are not significant
The Best is like follow :
Neutron > jet Audio Plus > Samsung stock player

Imo

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #114 of 756
I got the Snapdragon version since it's almost impossible to get Exynos where I live. Regarding SQ, I don't know. It's kind of mixed when I look at reviews, and I'm not sure if I want to keep it. I think it sounds okay, but I'm just an entry-level audiophile, and I would like to get the most out of my money. Just as a phone, I think it's great, but SQ-wise I don't know.

If I were to get a DAC, what should I look for if I at least wanted to be on par with the Wolfson in the Exynos-version?

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #115 of 756
What bit rate can the Note 4 play? The Sony can play high res music, is the Note 4 still limited to the lower bit rate music files? I buy a lot of music from HDTracks in FLACC, and my current DAP is the Sony NWZ-ZX1, how does the Note 4 compare? Thanks, Jeff.

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #116 of 756
Source : Samsung Note 4 Exynos
Dac Amp : Chord Hugo
Iem : JH Roxanne AKR 03 special tuning for AK daps
Music player : UAPP
Cable : micro to micro USB
Sq : very good from smart phone must better than my note 3

I

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #117 of 756
Thanks Rudi for sharing your thoughts. For Phil, I am not interested in external amp. I am only interested in software amps. I just want to use the best music code with my jh13 for the note 4.

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #119 of 756
If you don't reveal it in the next three hours, I'll call you bluff:D:p

Oct 25, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #120 of 756
I got the snapdragon version of the note 4 in black on T-Mobile and was disappointed in the sound quality. It sounded thin and lifeless... Then I updated the phone with the 36 mb update that was pushed by T-Mobile. BOOM!!! ONE THOUSAND TIMES BETTER. I'm serious, anybody doubting the note 4 sound quality, buy it and wait for an ota update. It fixed everything, better battery life, smoothness, and especially sound, it gets louder and cleaner, though flat, there seems to be very minimal distortion at max volume too! Just buy it now guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back