Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Nov 14, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #331 of 726
Nov 14, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #332 of 726
  Hello my favorite Android user.
Yes it worked with both the Snapdragon and exynos flawlessly, but only the snapdragon was able to play HD with it.
The form factor, color and sound with the note 3 are phenomenal.
Sorry about yours but Todd is a wonderful gentleman and he will give you the address of Pete(I think) for your to send it for repair.
I am using this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-SJ4570-LOW-PROFILE-ADHESIVE-DUAL-LOCK-VELCRO-CLEAR-/250856312855?pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&var=&hash=item3a68339017
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-3M-SJ4570-Low-Profile-Dual-Lock-25mm-X-1m-/181240405062?pt=UK_BOI_Retail_Shop_Fitting_POS_Equipment_ET&hash=item2a32c51c46
its almost invisible.

Yeah, just waiting to hear back about the address, they're just great to deal with.

I have the same dual-locking tape here too, look forward to using it once my freshly repaired Glacier comes back! Hopefully I can find a way to have the Glacier affixed to the back of the Seidio Surface I just got while still allowing the kickstand to operate. That'll be great sitting on my desk for lunch time listening at work.

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #333 of 726

Yeah, just waiting to hear back about the address, they're just great to deal with.

I have the same dual-locking tape here too, look forward to using it once my freshly repaired Glacier comes back! Hopefully I can find a way to have the Glacier affixed to the back of the Seidio Surface I just got while still allowing the kickstand to operate. That'll be great sitting on my desk for lunch time listening at work.

Please keep us posted, I assure you the note 3 with the Glacier plays and look nice, hope all goes well .
The snappiness of the Note3 and the sound of the Glacier, put shame on devices like the DX100, and now that I can play HD music, all I can say is ....
L3000.gif

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #334 of 726
Really no one else who is annoyed by background noise of some tracks on the Snapdragon version? I really belive this sound is "included" in the tracks but I don't really know. I just found my Iphone 4 again and I am going to make some comparisons. 

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #335 of 726
  Really no one else who is annoyed by background noise of some tracks on the Snapdragon version? I really belive this sound is "included" in the tracks but I don't really know. I just found my Iphone 4 again and I am going to make some comparisons. 

Got my Sensitive JH16 , and I hear no noises from any of my falc files!

Please keep us posted

Nov 14, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #336 of 726
Hey truckdriver how would you compare the hifime to the dragonfly? I am going to buy one of these 2 soon and would like an opinion on how they compare to each other.

My impulse answer is to say go with the HiFimeDIY.

The first time I bought the DF (for $250) I returned it because I didn't think it was much better than my other DACs (sound wise). Recently, I bought it again from Best Buy (for $150). The DF certainly has more power than my other DACs. But mainly, I bought it hoping I could use it as a portable DAC. It is compact and solid.

I also wanted to give the DF another try because I thought previously I had issues with my laptop (i.e. Realtek driver and USB power). When I have time I will compare the sound more extensively versus the HiFime DIY.

Nov 14, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #337 of 726
I've noticed the Note 3 sounds best with 32 Ohm head/earphones, like the stock ones. The 32 Ohm Grado SR60 sounds fantastic, the stock earbuds sound decent too.
But... the 16 Ohm Monster Turbine sounds very dull and bass-less. On the contrary - it shone on my previous HTC Rezound, which apparently was tuned for low Ohm headphones. 

I tried hooking up uDAC-2 this morning - pretty decent, I was surprise. However, straight out of headphone out the Note 3 sounded fuller and deeper, despite the fact the the DAC gave more power and gain. I'll search and try another DAC

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #338 of 726
SM-PV900P.  I think that was it.  It was the Sprint version.
Sounded like an AM radio. You would easily hear how bad it sounded.
This was headphone out. Into my car stereo system (Kenwood 24 bit deck and Focal speakers).  Also Hifiman REO (Kylin).  Only headphones I have are Superlux  HD 661. I ran an old HTC EVO 4G into the same kit.  The EVO clearly sounded better. Seriously, you would hear it.  I wonder if my Note 3 was broken.

M

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #339 of 726
  Please keep us posted, I assure you the note 3 with the Glacier plays and look nice, hope all goes well .
The snappiness of the Note3 and the sound of the Glacier, put shame on devices like the DX100, and now that I can play HD music, all I can say is ....
L3000.gif

Agree, for the money they're asking they start to make a lot less sense Vs something like the Note 3 as a transport paired with something like the Glacier.

Nov 14, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #340 of 726

I did some extensive testing for 3 days between both using my JH16, and I concluded , both have their weaknesses and strong points in SQ, but all I can say is that I kept the snapdragon version because it was able to run with almost all my dacs , where as the exynos was not.

This is my choice, and I am not saying the snapdragon is better in SQ.

i dont use an external dAc, i wanna know about SQ output with same headphones.

can u tell the differents bro??

Nov 14, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #341 of 726
been perusing this thread the last few days and finally made it to the end.  i find it laughable that people are claiming their exynos note3's sound better.  to my knowledge unless something changed, is the exynos version has a yamaha dac.  i haven't followed up on the exynos threads on xda to hear people's opinions of it.  

i also want to know if anybody here flashes roms.  when i first got my note3, (t'mobile snapdragon version btw as it doesn't look like their will be an unlocked usa version) it sounded very good.  volume, high's mid's low's, good output on my beyer COP's and sounded good with my beyer's dt770's 250ohm with my humble pa2v2.  good soundstage, nice depth and the volume i was expecting when i first got both my beyers but was slightly disappointed.  i couldn't do any mods on my note2 cause of SDS.  sounded awesome with my onkyo 3009 receiver but a relay was going crazy after about 5 minutes of listening so i leave my otherwise perfectly badass receiver alone except for the heavy duty stuff.  which brings to the topic of flashing.  i flashed an international rom and boy oh boy.  that was the soundstage and depth i was hoping to get with my beyer's.  many people have lauded the note3 as excellent in many circles with a few spreading about weird/bogus information.  like the exynos/wolfson/yamaha thing.  there is also the radio interference thing but turning off mobile data when on wifi helps and even airplane furthermore.  i am just wondering if international firmware is NOT neutered like USA firmware usually is because the USA carriers just love doing that to their customers because they can.  i've brought the subject up in the firmware thread i flashed and it was overlooked.  i also brought it up in one audio mod thread but again overlooked.  all these tweakers just want volume and a "pseudo" audiophile software experience.  none of the mods have done much, rather enough to dissuade me from using the mods and keep using poweramp and the stock player on note3 and i may try neutron player soon.  i will try these mods on note3 but on note2 the few i tried just didn't do anything.  anybody here with international snapdragon version note3's, you know using qualcomm's WCD9320 DSP and can attest to how wide the soundstage and great the depth are?  it's like 2 channel surround sound.  aside from the minimal radio interference the SM-9005 is all the source i need in a pocket.  next up is a C5 AMP and possibly a DAC, but i'm not convinced on the DAC yet.  i love my pa2v2 amp but it's time to upgrade when i get some extra cashflow.  my COP'S are fine without an amp but the dt770's need some juice in a bad way.

Nov 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #342 of 726
Hi pokemon I flashed various rom, I have now custom echoe slim 9005 EU rom,
I prefer the slim rom generally.
To my ears the Note 3 sounded god also with my first IItalian stock rom.
The various sound mod leave me disappointed.
Tried viper, fauxsound kernel, noxozoide but i returned to the stock sound.
I Like neutron player but the Sammy music player is good at same level.
What I will like to see by developer is the possibility of a direct usb dac connection that bypass the volume section of note 3 .(same as audio recorder pro)

Ciao

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #344 of 726
...which brings to the topic of flashing.  i flashed an international rom and boy oh boy.  that was the soundstage and depth i was hoping to get with my beyer's...

A very good post indeed! You've brought to the spotlight what I was long suspecting. 
I'm on the international exynos version, and to me it sounds good enough to use with my Grado SR60's. So good that I render any thought of an additional DAC hookup redundant thus far. The source's refinement or flaw comes out with time - the longer you listen the more you realize. I for one have come to look forward to Grado setup listening - as a matter of fact, the Grado's had been lying around useless for a couple of years aleady...:)

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #345 of 726
Both my Note 3 versions where international versions (the exynos and the snapdragon).
If you want sound stage get the snapdragon.
If you want a bit more detail get the exynos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back